I was looking at some temple boards...

Al Golden didn't save Temple. Temple saved temple. Temple had big East players (which are basically AAC players) and they joined the MAC conference. The MAC had teams like Akron, Ohio, Buffalo etc and Golden couldn't even win 10 games or the MAC conference with more talent and resources then those schools.

This is why we've sunk so low as a program. We have not been able to tell apart who is a good coach and who just benefits from circumstance.

Think about the coaches we've hired in the past..
- Shannon became our HC because of unheard of amount of inherited talent from the early 2000's. It would of had to take a bonafide baboon to not produce with what seemed like endless amount of talent especially on defense.

- Golden was hired because we thought he "saved" a program but like I posted above, in hindsight, you can clearly see that Temple moving down a level in competition saved that program. I bet more Temple fans would rather have Matt Rhule then Al Golden. Saving a program is what Bill Clarke is doing at UAB. Starting with only 15 players once the program was brought back and not only finding talent but developing that talent in just 2 years to become C-USA champs. Keep in mind that UAB did not drop a level of competition like Temple did, they were and still are in the C-USA.

- Mork Richt probably was a better coach in his earlier years at UGa but no doubt he has benefited from being the flagship school in GA while having SEC resources to get most of the best players in GA, which is a top-5 hotbed, and still failed to win or even get to a NCG. We hired a guy YEARS passed his expiration date, who at this point, is only coaching to quench his long thirst for doing something he is no longer good at, calling plays.

This is beyond inaccurate other than the preferring Rhule to Golden part.

Advertisement
Why should it bother you why he posts here? You have no say who posts here as long as they adhere to forum policies. You and others consider cis your private domain. There is more to life than cis and Cane football. Suggest you broaden your horizons and realize this forum is not the most important thing in your life.
I was at the UGA forums when Miami hired CMR.
Nothing more exciting than a new HC.
Nothing worse than another bust..

This is beyond inaccurate other than the preferring Rhule to Golden part.

As least it was a huge laugh all the way through. People here are so desperate to denounce Al Golden they have no shame in rewriting everything else he's ever done. Happy Adjuster mindset. If he ate a bowl of cereal he actually did it poorly, but we failed to notice.

As if there is no such thing as the same person succeeding at one task but not as effective in another task.

Why should it bother you why he posts here? You have no say who posts here as long as they adhere to forum policies. You and others consider cis your private domain. There is more to life than cis and Cane football. Suggest you broaden your horizons and realize this forum is not the most important thing in your life.

Maybe you should learn to read. Where did I say I didn't want him to post here. I was asking a question. I couldn't care less who posts here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oh? then why would you rather have Matt Rhule then your program savior Al Golden?

Because Al Golden saved our program, and was a tremendous program builder. He's not the right coach for where we are now. Doesn't mean he isn't a great coach.

I understand Miami fans being bitter, but he was right for us and wrong for you.

Advertisement
Back