I wanna talk about........tackling

terdferguson

Junior
two things.....

1. when our guys get their hands on a ****, they drop him. Our front 7 is big and strong and they're dropping ball carriers on the spot.
2. this d is swarming ball carriers

Advertisement
This has probably been the SINGLE biggest imrpovement I have noticed since Golden got here. The days of Randy's soft @ss arm tackling boys are LONG gone. Our guys HIT, and wrap up. They tackle better than they have at any time since the Butch days.

Cornelius had an arm tackle that I couldn't believe just dropped the Florida player. (On an 8 yrd scamper).

That's when I said wow, we are that much stronger.

Rodgers armbarred a guy once but almost went full literal jujitsu armbar on him. I loved it.

Agreed, the boys take a guy down or totally destroy their momentum.

I'm shocked with Armbrister. The guy has gotten huge and is sticking people! Love it!

Advertisement
Perryman and Figatron hit like they literally want to hurt you. And they tackle that way for 4 quarters, every single time.

Perryman throws his body around like nothing I've ever seen.

Perryman and Figatron hit like they literally want to hurt you. And they tackle that way for 4 quarters, every single time.

Perryman throws his body around like nothing I've ever seen.

Some guys just have a knack for getting guys on the ground. When Perryman or Figs make a hit its rare for guys to wiggle out or fall forward. They are ******* beasts.

Advertisement
LBs as a whole are SO improved! DL keeping OL off of them is def a huge part of it, but so is there added size, strength, knowledge.

Don't even need to say anything about Perryman because it's understood, but Armbrister has made some awesome plays in the past 2 games. He likely has more TFLs already this season than most of our DL did all of last season

I was gonna start a thread before the game but i went back and watch Canes Flash forward for the FAU game, and i counted one single blown coverage in that game. not counting the ones in the deep secondary. I knew we were in good stead for this game. UF had 2.8 ypc on over 40 carries. Thats something huge and we were on the field for near 2/3 of the game

I do not think it would be fair to acknowledge all these Lbs and not bring up Gaines, that kid made a few great reads and tackles. Great work by our defensive qb! This defense looked intense this week!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back