I Love This Guy's Mindset

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
12.png

Gonna be a good one.

Advertisement
Reminds me of the stories coming out around 99'/00' from Romberg about pushing trucks around with the O and Dline.

Do I assume from this that his ACL tear did not require surgery and he is working out with the team?

Advertisement
Generally you CAN play with a torn ACL, I've seen it, but you have limited knee strength and the type of player that he is, he needs it (assuming it was torn.)
Think Boobie Myles. Same deal.
I've also coached a kid that had a torn ACL and played without one for 4 years, doctors told him they didn't recommend surgery until he was done growing.
All situational, rather him get it done now as a freshmen so he get to to work ASAP, while learning the nuances and speed of NCAA.

Generally you CAN play with a torn ACL, I've seen it, but you have limited knee strength and the type of player that he is, he needs it (assuming it was torn.)
Think Boobie Myles. Same deal.
I've also coached a kid that had a torn ACL and played without one for 4 years, doctors told him they didn't recommend surgery until he was done growing.
All situational, rather him get it done now as a freshmen so he get to to work ASAP, while learning the nuances and speed of NCAA.

Yeah it's really all about knee stability but his game has a lot of lateral movement to it. It's important to him. As evidence by him not knowing, you CAN play with it but it's not ideal. Shoot, DeJuan Blair had both removed in high school and never had them replaced, if memory serves correctly. I think Hines Ward is another that only had one ACL for most of his career.

Advertisement
They all have giant heads to start. Lets see him on the field before passing judgment. Good luck Berrios!

if he tore JUST his acl he would have started walking and other physical therapy right after surgery. but you cant start running and playing contact sports until 6 months after surgery. only reason i know is because im going through a similar situation, tore my acl and meiscus. so id assume hes working on strengthen he leg and working on his upper body.

I love when people compare injuries and recovery times with other athletes.

Because after all every one of us exactly the same right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just don´t get it. You´d think that we as a fan base couldn´t care less about talk anymore. We´ve had close to a decade of it, and we remain spectacularly mediocre on the field. But we still get threads started because of non-backed-up bravado like this.

If/when Berrios is Welkering-it-up on the field I will start to care about his verbal swagger.

I played with a torn ACL in softball for 3 months awaiting surgery. Depending on the severity depends on what he will require. It doesn't affect straight line running but rather cuts and stops and gos, etc... Pain tolerance and swelling are the main things that limit activities.

Advertisement
Back