I know it's a " no, no " to post other sources, but I'm momentarily going with it.

mackjones

Sophomore
" 3. New quarterback impacts. All over the country, teams have found success behind freshmen, transfers and backups under center. Jobs have been saved, postseason hopes salvaged, and fortunes altered by guys we didn't see coming. At Texas Tech, it's been a combination of true Freshman Alan Bowman and backup Jett Duffey that appear to have saved Kliff Kingsbury's job. Gardner Minshew almost transferred to Alabama from East Carolina to be a third-string quarterback, but instead chose Washington State where he is leading the nation in passing yards. Washington transfer KJ Carta-Samuels is the only thing keeping Colorado State afloat. USC can't run the football and has had to lean entirely on the arm of true freshman JT Daniels to find any offense. True freshman Adrian Martinez is the only thing keeping Nebraska fans optimistic after an 0-6 start. Joe Burrow's steady hand and fiery attitude has powered LSU into the top 5. Trevor Lawrence beat out an established starter on a playoff-caliber team at Clemson. Ian Book came off the bench at Notre Dame to breathe playoff life into the Irish offense. Iowa State true freshman Brock Purdy came off the bench to engineer two consecutive Top 25 upsets. Across the country, it's been a good lesson that it's never too late or too early for a quarterback to come of age. " www.cbssports.com

Emphasis on the true freshmen!

Advertisement
Hey monitors, give me a break for the time being. The post above is absolutely PERTINENT to the QB controversy in Thee Gables. Thank U.

I am not quite sure what your title is all about, but if you think posting articles from other sites is a problem here, you are mistaken.

Advertisement
Richt won’t start a true freshman. Thirty years from now tho, I’m sure he will.
Just to radical for his "time"

As another poster stated all that points to is that a lot of college programs are having a hard time finding good quality QBs and that not using every resource of acquiring talent in the offseason is not used to its full potential you have already set yourself up for failure

This offseason I would look at every QB who is transfering and try and at least gauge their interest... I think very highly of Jarren but its quite obvious that we will have ZERO people competing with im as Perry and Cade are both knuckleheads and whoever/if we bring in someone in the 19 class at QB looks to be a spot filler/last minute grab

Just to radical for his "time"

As another poster stated all that points to is that a lot of college programs are having a hard time finding good quality QBs and that not using every resource of acquiring talent in the offseason is not used to its full potential you have already set yourself up for failure

This offseason I would look at every QB who is transfering and try and at least gauge their interest... I think very highly of Jarren but its quite obvious that we will have ZERO people competing with im as Perry and Cade are both knuckleheads and whoever/if we bring in someone in the 19 class at QB looks to be a spot filler/last minute grab
I disagree, the article wasnt about being forced to play freshman. Rather, it’s about freshman QBs having a lot of success.

But yea.. we need another QB.

Advertisement
I disagree, the article wasnt about being forced to play freshman. Rather, it’s about freshman QBs having a lot of success.

But yea.. we need another QB.

. Gardner Minshew almost transferred to Alabama from East Carolina to be a third-string quarterback, but instead chose Washington State where he is leading the nation in passing yards.

Joe Burrow's steady hand and fiery attitude has powered LSU into the top 5.

Ian Book came off the bench at Notre Dame to breathe playoff life into the Irish offense.

Maybe it was meant to be all about Freshmen.. but it was littered with transfer and simple passing up on the depth chart

Advertisement
" 3. New quarterback impacts. All over the country, teams have found success behind freshmen, transfers and backups under center. Jobs have been saved, postseason hopes salvaged, and fortunes altered by guys we didn't see coming. At Texas Tech, it's been a combination of true Freshman Alan Bowman and backup Jett Duffey that appear to have saved Kliff Kingsbury's job. Gardner Minshew almost transferred to Alabama from East Carolina to be a third-string quarterback, but instead chose Washington State where he is leading the nation in passing yards. Washington transfer KJ Carta-Samuels is the only thing keeping Colorado State afloat. USC can't run the football and has had to lean entirely on the arm of true freshman JT Daniels to find any offense. True freshman Adrian Martinez is the only thing keeping Nebraska fans optimistic after an 0-6 start. Joe Burrow's steady hand and fiery attitude has powered LSU into the top 5. Trevor Lawrence beat out an established starter on a playoff-caliber team at Clemson. Ian Book came off the bench at Notre Dame to breathe playoff life into the Irish offense. Iowa State true freshman Brock Purdy came off the bench to engineer two consecutive Top 25 upsets. Across the country, it's been a good lesson that it's never too late or too early for a quarterback to come of age. " www.cbssports.com

Emphasis on the true freshmen!

Some freshman QBs are successful.

We have a freshman QB.

Our freshman QB will be successful.

Advertisement
Back