I just sat and watched the HS pitcher we need to sign

Gooner#44

Recruit
Banned
His name is Jackson Jobe and he pitches for Holland Hall HS in Oklahoma. The entire backstop was full of scouts and guns. Kid was literally touching 97 with his fb and his slider was the the best I have ever seen from a HS pitcher. I assume he goes Top 10 in the MLB draft but man could he throw. He would be the Ace of our team right now. Like would start tonight.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I saw a scouting report on that kid a couple weeks ago. Elite MLB spin rate on his slider. IIRC he would’ve led the MLB in sliders over 3300 and change spin rate. Never seen video though, just what I read. They called it the best pitch in the entire draft.

I saw a scouting report on that kid a couple weeks ago. Elite MLB spin rate on his slider. IIRC he would’ve led the MLB in sliders over 3300 and change spin rate. Never seen video though, just what I read
Yeah, his slider according to MLB scouts would be considered a Top 5 MLB slider right now, maybe higher. I have watched Dylan Bundy , Ryan Franklin, Jonathan Gray and Archie Bradley plus other future MLBers pitch in person and what I saw today was jaw dropping. Zero chance he comes here, and probably zero chance he goes to college, but man what an arm.

Keith Law has him right in the middle of the first round, top high school pitcher in the country...no chance he goes to school anywhere:

Could you imagine being a high school kid in Oklahoma and having to go up against this dude? I grew up in Wisconsin, which might not be quite as good but is probably similar to Oklahoma in terms of competition. My team won state titles in the high school and summer ball seasons, so relative to the place we were good (not me, I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat). Every now and then we'd play a team from Milwaukee that had a kid throwing 90-91 and they might as well have been Pedro Martinez compared to what we were used to. And forget breaking stuff...

Keith Law has him right in the middle of the first round, top high school pitcher in the country...no chance he goes to school anywhere:

Could you imagine being a high school kid in Oklahoma and having to go up against this dude? I grew up in Wisconsin, which might not be quite as good but is probably similar to Oklahoma in terms of competition. My team won state titles in the high school and summer ball seasons, so relative to the place we were good (not me, I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat). Every now and then we'd play a team from Milwaukee that had a kid throwing 90-91 and they might as well have been Pedro Martinez compared to what we were used to. And forget breaking stuff...
One scout today said if he is there when they pick (and this team had a single digit pick) they will take him most likely.

I grew up here, actually there are some **** good players. My son pitched in college but one summer ball season he faced Dylan Bundy and Archie Bradley in the same weekend, both Top 7 MLB picks in the same draft. Never got a hit and took 2 Ls on the mound.

This kid looked to my eyes better than both.

Last edited:
Advertisement
His name is Jackson Jobe and he pitches for Holland Hall HS in Oklahoma. The entire backstop was full of scouts and guns. Kid was literally touching 97 with his fb and his slider was the the best I have ever seen from a HS pitcher. I assume he goes Top 10 in the MLB draft but man could he throw. He would be the Ace of our team right now. Like would start tonight.
He's "committed" to Ole Miss. Our coaching staff would find out a way to completely ***** him up anyway.

Heard Morris speak in Boston some years back and he said, what is obvious to fans, the trick to college recruiting in baseball is to recruit the best players who won't get drafted high enough to entice. them to sign.

Heard Morris speak in Boston some years back and he said, what is obvious to fans, the trick to college recruiting in baseball is to recruit the best players who won't get drafted high enough to entice. them to sign.
You Dont Say Nicholas Cage GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back