Hypothetical (but possible) recruiting situation:

Midlo Cane Fan

No more Midlo
If the class limit stay at 25, and we take 1 QB and 1 OL, it's crunch time.

You only have 1 choice left. Who do you take?

My pick: Taylor.

Advertisement
I guess in your hypo, yeah, Taylor all day.

But the set up is wrong, IMO. We don't need to take a 4th OL with Walker in. A lot can (and will) change, but Taylor + Marshall/M.Brown + QB is my preference right now.

Maybe if a bona fide top dog like Leigh wants in the staff revisits the commits. But barring that, and assuming 25 ICs is the number and we only have 3 spots left, I don't see how we pull another OL unless we strike out with our QB targets.

Why don’t we or a booster pay for the likeness of the guys we don’t have room for, and use that money for the expenses...so they’ll be walk one that
Don’t have to pay a dime and get full benefits? That way we carry all we want to. Numbers no factor

Something tells me I've missed something on twitter/canes board today. I went to bed last night with us having 21 commits.....you guys are talking 25 ICs and only 3 spots left.......either we have 4 spots left or someone committed and I missed it? Which is it?

Even though I was always under the impression that we had 24 ICs, Davis was commit #21 which left 3 spots......QB DT and CB (IMO).....

Advertisement
Something tells me I've missed something on twitter/canes board today. I went to bed last night with us having 21 commits.....you guys are talking 25 ICs and only 3 spots left.......either we have 4 spots left or someone committed and I missed it? Which is it?

Even though I was always under the impression that we had 24 ICs, Davis was commit #21 which left 3 spots......QB DT and CB (IMO).....
21 commits + 1 IC = 22 +3 left = 25.

Wait, would there really be anyone else besides Taylor that we should hope for in that hypothetical situation?

To me, without question, he's the guy.

Realistically I don’t think we’re taking another OL unless it’s someone like Leigh or maybe Tate.

Best guess for the final 3 is Taylor, Marshall, and Garcia(this also happens to be a dream scenario, but it’s 2020 and weirder things have happened).

Separately has anyone heard anything about the staff talking to QBs other than Garcia, Milroe, and Jay Allen?

Advertisement
I'm surprised that no one wants to take another OL because of how many complaints there have been over the past few years about the quality and depth of that unit.

So Collins is sticking with The U now? All talk has been that he won’t be so that would mean 4 more.
Also, several on this site continue standings behind Miami signing 25 total.

I say we get 5 more commits: Taylor, M. Brown or Marshall, Y. Brown, QB and DE

I'm surprised that no one wants to take another OL because of how many complaints there have been over the past few years about the quality and depth of that unit.
If there are only 3 spots left, we take Taylor over any one. Assuming one is being saved for Marshall if he can get him, the question is, for the last slot, do we want that OLineman rather than a QB? IMO, the Garcia ship has sailed. Whoever's left doesn't appear that appealing.

So Collins is sticking with The U now? All talk has been that he won’t be so that would mean 4 more.
Also, several on this site continue standings behind Miami signing 25 total.

I say we get 5 more commits: Taylor, M. Brown or Marshall, Y. Brown, QB and DE
What DE would we want to add at this point?

Advertisement
I take Taylor, Marshall and Collier and work it all out. Get the best available if they want to play here. IDK where that 4th scholarship went to make 25. For QB, Miami could make a move towards the Florida baseball commit Jay Allen if they can't flip Garcia. He wants to play football and baseball in college. He's a very good 3-star QB. Miami has already given him the blessing to play both sports if he commits to the U. He's the #1 prospect in Florida for baseball and Gino is on board as well. This gives us a serviceable QB for 2021 and look to get an elite QB for 2022.

If we get all 5 Palmetto kids, someone may get processed out. Can't turn down 3 5-star kids.

Advertisement
Back