Humble Pie

SlimeyChan

Freshman
I know everyone including me thought we had a true shot in winning this game. We didn’t but it showed me how much we have improved. Like I’ve been saying the receivers we have just aren’t IT. No moves, no burner speed and no size and can hardly catch lol. Our starting linebackers have no speed and they don’t even trust their own eyes out there. I saw Clemson run the same screen over and over and they couldn’t key in on it. I’m truly impressed by King, he has to be a wide receivers dream he gives these guys chances to make big plays down the field but they never win their battles. All in all I’m impressed with our young guys and I didn’t see any quit in our team like the other times against Klemson we just straight up got beat. GO CANES! P.S. next year will suck without King 🥴

Advertisement
I know everyone including me thought we had a true shot in winning this game. We didn’t but it showed me how much we have improved. Like I’ve been saying the receivers we have just aren’t IT. No moves, no burner speed and no size and can hardly catch lol. Our starting linebackers have no speed and they don’t even trust their own eyes out there. I saw Clemson run the same screen over and over and they couldn’t key in on it. I’m truly impressed by King, he has to be a wide receivers dream he gives these guys chances to make big plays down the field but they never win their battles. All in all I’m impressed with our young guys and I didn’t see any quit in our team like the other times against Klemson we just straight up got beat. GO CANES! P.S. next year will suck without King 🥴

Miami really needs to go all out to get T2. If we have him and Brooks at LB, I think we will have the speed at LB that we need. We also need to play some of the young WRs because we are not getting any production from the current lineup. Let the younglings get more burn. It cannot possibly be worse than what we have now.

Miami really needs to go all out to get T2. If we have him and Brooks at LB, I think we will have the speed at LB that we need. We also need to play some of the young WRs because we are not getting any production from the current lineup. Let the younglings get more burn. It cannot possibly be worse than what we have now.
No lies told here.

Truth but I think huff can be similar. **** #10 for them ain’t half as good and looked like and AA.

Advertisement

Did fans really think we had a shot to beat Clemson? We didn't even have a punchers chance.

Miami is so far behind in every aspect. Clemson wants to win at football. UM wants to be a top oceanography school.

They have Dabo we have manny, they have Venables we have baker. We have a CB coach that hasn't recruited a great CB since he has been here. We have the worst LB and WR corp I can even remember. Our OL is putrid and Lashlee's gameplan against a team with a pulse was horrendous. We have more penalties and mental mistakes then the teams in the 80's ( they were good so it didn't matter ).

Any real fan could see this was going to be an a$$whooping. I thought it was going to be a 45-10 game I was close. Unless there is "SIGNIFICANT CHANGE" UM is and will always be a middle of the road ACC team with the occasional above average season. We are the MSU of the SEC, the ASU of the PAC-12 and the Iowa of the BIG 10.

Been preaching since day one this starts at the top. If we don't dedicate soley to football it's over forever. The only reason I have <1% chance of hope is because we are in the best area for football in the ENTIRE country.

Every game on the schedule outside of Wake Forest just became tough.

Last edited:
Not sure where King is going next year, he’s going to need another year.

I dont think we where ever a "true shot" to win......

King was not good either man, is what it is tho...I think hes a leader he'll bounce back.
Y'all need to stop this "King wasn't that good" crap. Clemson was getting pressure on him all night. They had 5 QB sacks. You can't be consistent when your constantly under pressure and none of our WRs get separation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Y'all need to stop this "King wasn't that good" crap. Clemson was getting pressure on him all night. They had 5 QB sacks. You can't be consistent when your constantly under pressure and none of your WRs get separation.
Man, look I love King but if you thought that was a good performance I don't know what to tell you...

The throw to Mallory on the pick, ahhhh don't worry.

Man, look I love King but if you thought that was a good performance I don't know what to tell you...

The throw to Mallory on the pick, ahhhh don't worry.
No, but when you're getting sacked and pressured on every snap, you're not going to be accurate. You can't get any power into your throws if you can't step into them.

Also, rarely did our WRs get open.

King missed a few throws. The one to Mallory was obvious. However, a lot of the misses were caused by the Clemson defensive line pressure.

I'll just point out that the guys we have were the young guys we needed to play a year or two ago. And they replaced other guys who had been young guys who were better than our starters.
I'm just saying, we always think we just need some other guy on the team to play and we'll be ok. Turns out that's never been the answer.

Did fans really think we had a shot to beat Clemson? We didn't even have a punchers chance.

Miami is so far behind in every aspect. Clemson wants to win at football. UM wants to be a top oceanography school.

They have Dabo we have manny, they have Venables we have baker. We have a CB coach that hasn't recruited a great CB since he has been here. We have the worst LB and WR corp I can even remember. Our OL is putrid and Lashlee's gameplan against a team with a pulse was horrendous. We have more penalties and mental mistakes then the teams in the 80's ( they were good so it didn't matter ).

Any real fan could see this was going to be an a$$whooping. I thought it was going to be a 45-10 game I was close. Unless there is "SIGNIFICANT CHANGE" UM is and will always be a middle of the road ACC team with the occasional above average season. We are the MSU of the SEC, the ASU of the PAC-12 and the Iowa of the BIG 10.

Been preaching since day one this starts at the top. If we don't dedicate soley to football it's over forever. The only reason I have <1% chance of hope is because we are in the best area for football in the ENTIRE country.

After a day to digest what I saw, the bottom line is as poorly as we played, we were 3 plays from a 28-24 game.

If we don't have those two 3rd down penalties on Clemson's first two drives, they don't score 2 TDs and wind up with 28 points. If our WR fights for the ball instead of falling down on King's first int in the redzone we score 24 points.

Then we'd be saying look how close that game was despite Miami playing so poorly.

I am more optimistic about this team because they played hard for 60 minutes. What was disappointing were the penalties and Lashlee's horrific game plan and inability to adjust to what Clemson was doing. He kept calling the same running plays when Clemson was stacking the box because they didn't fear our WRs. They didn't even give safety help. Their corners played on an island and shut down our WRs. That freed up their safeties to double our TEs and provide additional run support.

The reason the Clemson LBs looked so good (and they're not) was because they gave them 1 gap responsibility. They were overloading the box with 6-7 players. When we ran the ball, their LBs just sprinted to their gap. That's the easiest football you can play.

We may have had a talent deficit, but the biggest gap was with our offensive game plan and Baker's lack of a plan to stop or slow down Etienne.

Clemson's game plan was simple. Take away Miami's best players and make the weaker one's beat us. They took away our running game and TEs. They punked our WRs with 2 corners and no safety help.

Advertisement

I called it 41 - 24 for them prior to the game. I figured we would get a late touchdown when they called the dogs off.

I expected us to move the ball better, but not be able to sustain long scoring drives. I knew they would move the ball at will and like a Manny Diaz defense does, give up everything underneath. What's crazy about how they played offensively, they never really took shots down the field. They didn't even need to, nobody does against us.

Outside of a few King runs, that was as bad an offensive performance we've had besides Kirby Freeman's game against FSU.

I seriously can't believe people thought we would win. I thought the prediction thread was just a bunch of dorks with their fake internet bravado picking us.

Bama's DL all have cankles. Those are immovable objects and until we see some gains from our OL in the offseason we're at a disadvantage. My solution is for the OL to train in Saskatchewan in June, July, August so they can pack on weight because down here they lose 10 pounds just getting out of the shower because it's so humid.

Bama's DL all have cankles. Those are immovable objects and until we see some gains from our OL in the offseason we're at a disadvantage. My solution is for the OL to train in Saskatchewan in June, July, August so they can pack on weight because down here they lose 10 pounds just getting out of the shower because it's so humid.

Great post.

Please pin to top.

Advertisement
miniGif_20210619140200.gif

Please don’t be like the nerds on here thinking we have a shot against Bama. It will be a similar game where one team is better prepared, coached, and athleted than the other. I just want is to get out of that game with no injuries, that is a victory in my book.

Then you don’t try to overpower them. You design an offensive game plan that goes away from their physical superiority. That was the Schnellenberger philosophy we employed with great success throughout the 1980’s. That’s why he called his reliance on passing the “great equalizer.”

Then you don’t try to overpower them. You design an offensive game plan that goes away from their physical superiority. That was the Schnellenberger philosophy we employed with great success throughout the 1980’s. That’s why he called his reliance on passing the “great equalizer.”

People still don’t get it.

Coaching is a huge deal in these outcomes.

Advertisement
Back