how to win basketball games

nyibis

Freshman
Put the ball in the basket.

UM basketball could have/should have won at least 5 more close games this season if they had somebody that could put the ball in the basket down the stretch.
It became unbearable to watch miss after miss in the closing minutes. Not just jump shots but layups and put backs under the basket. Even a couple of made foul shots could have won some games.
They played with intensity and courage with tough defense and moved the ball reasonably well but could not finish.
The joy of basketball is putting the ball in the net. Every kid that plays the game has spent countless hours just shooting the ball. How can we not have a guy to finish a shot down the stretch.

Just saying.

GO CANES!!!!

Advertisement
We can't finish because we don't have TALENT. Forget about talent, if we had one more player who could average 6 points could you imagine our record? You have 7 games decided by 5 points or less.

We have starters that shouldn't be bench players. We have youth playing serious burn when they would hardly play on other teams.

I believe if 99% of college basketball coaches had to coach this team they would have a worse record. Coach L is getting way too much out of some of these guys who have no business being on a scholarship.

Team can't make a layup, get a rebound and the worst 3point shot defense in history.

Next year will be better.

How to win basketball games?

422.jpg

+

423.jpg

+

424.jpg

+

184.gif

=

425.jpg

Advertisement
How can we not have a guy to finish a shot down the stretch.

Answer: They all graduated/left for the NBA. Like Consigliere pointed out, we have a bunch of role players and freshmen playing serious minutes. Next year, we'll have a lot more experienced talent on offense.

I love the way the guys go crazy when Coach Larranaga starts "Muhammed Aliing". Makes me smile every time I see that gif.

184.gif

I don't understand how anyone can be down on this team after what they've shown this season. With an all-Big XII second team player sitting on the bench (Rodriguez) with Texas' second leading scorer from last year sitting on the bench (McClellan) and with our top recruit (Burnett) sitting on the bench, isn't it obvious where our offensive firepower is?

I don't understand how anyone can be down on this team after what they've shown this season. With an all-Big XII second team player sitting on the bench (Rodriguez) with Texas' second leading scorer from last year sitting on the bench (McClellan) and with our top recruit (Burnett) sitting on the bench, isn't it obvious where our offensive firepower is?

I'd also add, not that I necessarily expect him to get a ton of minutes right away with the depth of the team, but we're also bringing in the Philadelphia Catholic League's all-time leading scorer.

Advertisement

I'd also add, not that I necessarily expect him to get a ton of minutes right away with the depth of the team, but we're also bringing in the Philadelphia Catholic League's all-time leading scorer.

With our depth at guard, is he a redshirt candidate? Rodriguez, Burnett, McClellan, Reed, Lecomte. Where is he going to find minutes? He's only 6-2 right?

With our depth at guard, is he a redshirt candidate? Rodriguez, Burnett, McClellan, Reed, Lecomte. Where is he going to find minutes? He's only 6-2 right?

I can't see us redshirting a top 50 caliber recruit, even with our depth. I've seen him listed at 6'2" and 6'3". I can see him getting 10-15 minutes per game between the 1 and the 2, because I expect us to play 3 guards a lot.

I have actually enjoyed watching the team compete this season. Sure it would be nice to have a few more wins but the team has been in every game but 2 this season with limited talent. We have gotten all we can out of Swope. Lecomte and Reed have shown that they can be valuable contributors the next 3 years and Rion Brown has had a great season.

We knew what we were in for this year. We could be special in the next two years, a real chance to be something south Florida has never seen at the college level.

Advertisement
I have actually enjoyed watching the team compete this season. Sure it would be nice to have a few more wins but the team has been in every game but 2 this season with limited talent. We have gotten all we can out of Swope. Lecomte and Reed have shown that they can be valuable contributors the next 3 years and Rion Brown has had a great season.

Agreed. Maybe it's just because my expectations were so low coming into the season and then got lower when we lost to St. Francis, but I've really enjoyed watching this team scrap its way to unexpected victories and keep it close against much more talented teams.

We've reinvented ourselves mid-season into a really good defensive team. Rion Brown has really stepped up as a scorer, even though he's still limited in his offensive ****nal. We've seen some good things from our young guys. We've seen veteran guys like Swoope and Akpejori find ways to contribute. We lost a ton of talent and experience after last season's amazing run, and we're clearly going to be in a much better position talent-wise (especially on offense) next season.

We've been blown out in 2 games all season - Duke (who has one of, if not the most, talented players in the country) and UVA (the best team in the ACC so far). To me, this season has been a positive surprise, and above everything else, confirms that Coach L is awesome.

To do what Coach L has done with 8 or 9 players available to play in most games is nothing short of amazing. Most teams have 12 capable of playing, and then a rotation of about 7-9.

There are a bunch of guys on this team that only need to be role players on a good team at this point in their careers and barely see the floor (Akpejiori, Swoope, Lecomte, Reed)...and all of them have had to play major minutes.

For this team to be .500 at this point in the season is miraculous. No other way to describe it. I believe next year, this team should be in the top half of the ACC at least, and be in the Big Dance.

Elite 8 or bust next year. I've seen all that I need to see...Coach L is a defensive GENIUS and always seem to get the most put of his players it's remarkable. We can easily average 70+ next year with what we have coming in. Never thought I'd say this, Miami is also turning into a basketball school...what a beautiful site

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back