How to recruit during the "dead period"

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
creative? hmmm... Where there's a will, there's a way....

"They have been having prospects visit the “area” and stay at cabins that are payed for by boosters. The prospects can see campus on their own but when they are off campus then the coaches can “bump” into them and bagmen can come out. Which he said is a very real thing and they don’t try to hide it because everyone has them. "

"My son visited a D-1 school two weeks ago where they just had a person on staff that not many people would recognize to show us around and then the coaches met us off campus."

Notice more kids saying they will take visits "on their own?"...

Advertisement
creative? hmmm... Where there's a will, there's a way....

"They have been having prospects visit the “area” and stay at cabins that are payed for by boosters. The prospects can see campus on their own but when they are off campus then the coaches can “bump” into them and bagmen can come out. Which he said is a very real thing and they don’t try to hide it because everyone has them. "

"My son visited a D-1 school two weeks ago where they just had a person on staff that not many people would recognize to show us around and then the coaches met us off campus."

Notice more kids saying they will take visits "on their own?"...
link to the source?

He’s not the source.

This little tidbit shows yet again how this whole Covid thing is actually a plus for us in my opinion.

Majority of our guys can just hop in the car and drive less than an hour and be on our campus. Most already do.

No need for all the cloak and dagger bull****

I would guarantee this happens every dead period when kids go and visit schools "on their own." I'm sure someone is always around giving them spending money or gift cards to places to have a "good time."

Advertisement
There's a way around everything...

It's just about whether or not you're willing to do what it takes to find it.

Advertisement
2021 4* QB Clay Millen did something similar as a college tour slash family vacation to see the school's he was interested then he committed to Arizona. If Miami misses on flipping Jake Garcia, I am hoping we make a late run at flipping Millen.

Link to story

Go Canes
We’re not flipping him or Garcia …

Advertisement
Back