How to Beat Alabama

Yes, the problem is we only did about 3 of the 14 keys to winning. If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I pegged many of the likely issues that would cause us to lose:

1) Penalties: we had way too many

2) Tackling: was legitimately terrible. The first game excuse is lame. Bama had zero issues tackling in their first game.

3) We Ran It Up the Middle Over & Over: wasted more than one series running Cam straight up the middle for no gain.

4) Lashlee did not call a good game at all.

5) We did not play to win.

6) We didn't start our best players at every position (Chaney was clearly better in this game and yet Cam received far more carries despite doing very little with those opportunities).

Lashlee needs to start earning his paycheck. His playcalling in every big game has been very uninspiring so far.

Advertisement
Yes, the problem is we only did about 3 of the 14 keys to winning. If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I pegged many of the likely issues that would cause us to lose:

1) Penalties: we had way too many

2) Tackling: was legitimately terrible. The first game excuse is lame. Bama had zero issues tackling in their first game.

3) We Ran It Up the Middle Over & Over: wasted more than one series running Cam straight up the middle for no gain.

4) Lashlee did not call a good game at all.

5) We did not play to win.

6) We didn't start our best players at every position (Chaney was clearly better in this game and yet Cam received far more carries despite doing very little with those opportunities).

Lashlee needs to start earning his paycheck. His playcalling in every big game has been very uninspiring so far.

Where was Mallory? And why didn’t we use that play action to suck in the LB & hit the TE down the seam? That play was $ last season,

Advertisement
Back