How many practices are allotted in Fall Camp?

TheProf

Sophomore
Purgatory
And is the first year in ages that we've actually used every practice available to us? We all know that ever since the lightning warnings stopping practice became a thing that we've been missing numerous practices every fall camp, sometimes up to 7 or 8+ practices in one camp. That's a significant amount of practice time lost.

I don't know how many practices the NCAA allows during fall camp, but it seems Manny and his staff are going to use every last one of them which is needed big time when breaking in a brand new offense.

Advertisement
17.10.2.1 First Practice Date. [FBS/FCS] An institution shall not commence official preseason football practice sessions, for the varsity, junior varsity or freshman team, before 29 days before its first scheduled intercollegiate game. Before its first scheduled intercollegiate game, an institution may not engage in more than 25 on-field practices. (Revised: 1/11/89, 4/14/03, 4/24/03 effective 5/1/03, 4/28/05, 1/18/18, 6/11/18

17.10.2.1.2 Limit on Number of Participants. [FBS/FCS] There is limit of 110 student-athletes who may engage in practice activities prior to the institution’s first day of classes or prior to the fifth day before the day of the institution’s first contest, whichever occurs earlier. (Adopted: 1/11/94, Revised: 12/15/06, 4/26/17 effective 8/1/17, 4/25/18)

So it seems we will hit the 25 this year. I wonder when we last had all of our practices.

The extra week of practice will probably be really helpful for the offense. I would guess it'll pay dividends later in the year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back