How many DBs are we taking in this class???

deerob305

Junior
Last year we only pulled in CB Ryan Mayes...I keep hearing about Tyrek Cole and Tim Irvin...is their anybody else we are heavily pursuing?? Carlton Davis, Calvin Brewton, Rashad Fenton, Tarvarus McFadden or Kendrell McFadden??? Any new names..One of my most concerned positions possibly after next year if we lose Tracy Howard, Gunter, and possibly Bush or Jenkins

Advertisement
Last year we only pulled in CB Ryan Mayes...I keep hearing about Tyrek Cole and Tim Irvin...is their anybody else we are heavily pursuing?? Carlton Davis, Calvin Brewton, Rashad Fenton, Tarvarus McFadden or Kendrell McFadden??? Any new names..One of my most concerned positions possibly after next year if we lose Tracy Howard, Gunter, and possibly Bush or Jenkins

Jenkins and Gunter are easily replaceable IMO. Bush hasn't shown much as we'll.

I honestly don't see Tracy leaving after this year barring a HUGE season. Kid hasn't really put that much on tape as of yet, and with a successful, but not completely earth-shattering season, he'd most likely be looking at around a 4-5th round grade IMO.

Advertisement
Easily replaceable? Gunter is the third best corner on the team Howard and Burns. Gunter brings size, good coverage and can play the nickel well. Bush was not healthy last season but expect his level of play to improve tremendously in year three. Expect an ACC all conference type of performer. Jenkins will get pushed this year. Hopefully for all of us it results into a better play for him. Of the three mentioned, Jenkins is the weakest but does have upside...

Plz refrain from making yourself look even worste with more dumb comments. Thanks!

Advertisement
TH3 will be a first rd pick... If the boy from TCU went in first, so will Tracy! He showed last yr he's coming into his own and was the only sure thing at CB last yr for us. In big games he made big plays... Remember Santana Moss comment? We need to load up bc Burns and Crawford are possibly gone the yr after!

This class will end with at least 4, possibly even 5 depending on who breaks our way. I've heard we're staying close with all of those guys, though we're not recruiting either McFadden as hard as most of the others. You're forgetting perhaps the most dynamic of the bunch in Jaquan Johnson. There are others.

TH3 will be a first rd pick... If the boy from TCU went in first, so will Tracy! He showed last yr he's coming into his own and was the only sure thing at CB last yr for us. In big games he made big plays... Remember Santana Moss comment? We need to load up bc Burns and Crawford are possibly gone the yr after!

What makes you say Burns would leave? The guy has a ton of talent, but has 2 years left before he should be thinking of declaring.

What makes you say Burns would leave? The guy has a ton of talent, but has 2 years left before he should be thinking of declaring.

Nobody that has exceptional talent stays all 4 years anymore.

Advertisement
Jenkins is and was the best safety on the team last year don'y understand the slight on him..
Without context, that's just not saying much. Highsmith and Rogers were rated ahead of him going into last season, and he passed them because he was the better player. ... The context this year is that Carter, D Crawford and Hester will all push Jenkins hard for playing time. I expect them to take minutes from Jenkins and possibly to overtake him (probably Carter) unless Jenkins steps up big time. We have much more quality at Safety this year.

Advertisement
Our safety play was abysmal last year. I expect Carter to replace Jenkins and Bush to play a lot better he junior year now that he is healthy again. If not bring on Hester.

Advertisement
Back