How fantastic would it be.....

TheU1988

It's Not A Lie If You Believe It.
If Blake James called in the media and the ACC for a press conference:

"After hearing many of the complaints from the media and the ACC over the past 48 hours regarding the officiating on "The Return", we at the University of Miami have decided that we have no other choice than to officially announce.........Butch Davis as our next head coach. It's all about The U."

Advertisement
If Blake James called in the media and the ACC for a press conference:

"After hearing many of the complaints from the media and the ACC over the past 48 hours regarding the officiating on "The Return", we at the University of Miami have decided that we have no other choice than to officially announce.........Butch Davis as our next head coach. It's all about The U."

I thought you were going to say:

"We have decided that we have no other choice than to announce our national championships for 1988 and 2002. Thank you David Cutcliffe, ACC, and ESPN for all of your support."

"We have decided, entirely due to the ACC negativity, to announce the hire of Butch Davis, and start running a train on everyone we play in the foreseeable future. That is all."

Followed by emails from the University letting you know to get your #WeBack t-shirts while supplies last.

Make it happen, Blake.

The Canes on the staff already know, but I wonder what the guys like Blake, D'No, the guys that didn't "grow up canes" think of this shytshow. They've got to be thinking that this whole thing is surreal. From a football standpoint, calls are missed all the time, we weathered the thing, made a once in a lifetime play, and are vilified for it. If this doesn't make you understand the "Cane Thing" nothing will.

Advertisement
"We have decided, entirely due to the ACC negativity, to announce the hire of Butch Davis as Head Coach, Ken Dorsey as offensive coordinator, Randy Shannon (who drove down from Gainesville to be with us today, everyone give Randy a hand) as defensive coordinator, Warren Sapp as d-line coach, Ed Reed as secondary coach, Michael Irvin and Ray Lewis as recruiting coordinators. Also, we have bought out our Adidas contract and will be going back to Nike ASAP. I will also like to announce that I am stepping down and Jimmy Johnson will be taking over my position, effective immediately."

"We have decided, entirely due to the ACC negativity, to announce the hire of Butch Davis as Head Coach, Ken Dorsey as offensive coordinator, Randy Shannon (who drove down from Gainesville to be with us today, everyone give Randy a hand) as defensive coordinator, Warren Sapp as d-line coach, Ed Reed as secondary coach, Michael Irvin and Ray Lewis as recruiting coordinators. Also, we have bought out our Adidas contract and will be going back to Nike ASAP. I will also like to announce that I am stepping down and Jimmy Johnson will be taking over my position, effective immediately."

Followed by "Just kidding. Everyone say hello to your new coach, Mr. Mario Cristobal!"

Followed by "Just kidding. Everyone say hello to your new coach, Mr. Mario Cristobal!"

Just Kidding! Quit shooting!

"We've decided to sue the ACC and meanwhile are announcing our intention to leave the conference for the Big 12...along with FSU, G.T., and Clemp's son."

"We'd like to wish the ACC well in being a non-big 4 conference, have fun with those ESPN3 games and whatnot."

Advertisement
"We've decided to sue the ACC and meanwhile are announcing our intention to leave the conference for the Big 12...along with FSU, G.T., and Clemp's son."

"We'd like to wish the ACC well in being a non-big 4 conference, have fun with those ESPN3 games and whatnot."

This would be better than hiring Butch. A big f-u to the All Carolina Conference.

Advertisement
Back