How does our defense look in 2nd half

Hemsleysalmons

Freshman
Where are you posters that gave up on Diaz at half time and said he is a disaster; little premature comments by you know nothings.

Advertisement
I don't think it's pre-mature at all.This defense has ALOT of problems.

It can't get pressure without sending LBers and we have a myriad of problems in the D backfield the biggest of which is our mid round bonus baby Dee Delaney

Hopefully these are things that can get fixed because if they aren't we ain't winning ****.

Cant tackle. Dee Delaney is just bad. Shaq quarterman being blitzed far too much. He has been taken out of so many plays with bad blitzes. I dont like him as a blitzer.

Asking about our D the second half. The D seems to be rested and settled more. With the offense doing their job has helped the Def. to pich a shutout going into the fourth. Delaney is what he is so far. But I still think alot is conditioning.

Advertisement
I havent been impressed with the defense in either the BC or this game against Toledo, right now the defense is our weakness.

Really only gave up TD in second half, and they were in position to pick that off. Toledo has a decent O, so it was an improvement.

Advertisement
I’ll say this much the holding of our ends and line was utter and total bull****.
It’s not an excuse, just an observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were lucky Toledo wasn't sharp on offense. A lot of penalties, dropped balls, and missed open WRs saved the D.

Mindblowing game plan from Diaz. Teams with better athletes are going to destroy this D is he continues to stay in his base D vs 3 and 4 WR sets.

Advertisement
I'm still trying to figure out WTF we were doing on defense.

Why in the world would your CB's continuously let WR's outside of them in Cover-2?
Why are we playing zone on 3rd & short?
We do we often have no defender over the slot WR?

It was easy pickings for Toledo.

Why in the world would your CB's continuously let WR's outside of them in Cover-2?

Isnt this the same exact scheme Diaz used at Texas in year two that led to endless drubbings by spread passing squads?

Advertisement
Lot of dudes on here looking dumb now. The d stone cold rocked toledo in the second half. This is why you don't post stupid shi$ before the game is over.

Second game in a row I'm left scratching my head , complete **** show.

Base defenses against 4 wr.
Too much zone/zone blitz
Huge cushions , again
Kept getting brstvmy same short routes
Couldn't get stops on third downs
Constant coverage busts
Horrible tackling
Won't press coverage , even though that's delaneys and others strengths. Even when db's lineup close to wr they didn't press. At least majority of the times I noticed.

I know everyone said it the players weren't up for bcu , but it's more than that. This is an average D that will struggle all year. The dl is useless when you give huge cushions , quick throws all day. The offense will have to carry the load , especially if it's a decent passing team.

Imagine if Toledo didn't drop a crap load of easy catches? They could've easily had 40 +

Advertisement
Back