How about Tom Allen for DC??

MIATL

Senior
Evidently, he's the lead candidate for Auburn.

South Florida's Tom Allen addresses Auburn DC rumors | AL.com

He had an instant turnaround for the South Florida defense in his first season as a DC.

He's coached LBs at Ole Miss, and was also ST coordinator.

Supposedly, is very intense and is a devout christian.

Seems like he would be a pretty good "fit" to come to Miami and join Richt's staff, if we're grabbing a guy from the college ranks ...

And before the Don Brown Crew attacks this thread ... I just don't see him leaving BC (anywhere in the NE) for South Florida ...

Advertisement
Solid defensive coordinator with a lot of passion, very demonstrative on the field. Players love him and he really demands respect from the defense.

If you watch any USF game and USF gives up a first down, you can spot him on the sidelines losing his mind.

Run's a 4-2-5 at USF

USF defense looked markedly different and better this year. They played with intensity like crazed dogs.

Solid defensive coordinator with a lot of passion, very demonstrative on the field. Players love him and he really demands respect from the defense.

If you watch any USF game and USF gives up a first down, you can spot him on the sidelines losing his mind.

Run's a 4-2-5 at USF

Muschamp jr?

I think most of us who bring up Don Brown understand that he may not be interested and we're mostly interested in experienced, viable DC's as opposed to upstarts whose experience stops at position coaching. Tom Allen did a great job as DC with USF's defense.

Advertisement
He was fantastic as USF last year. Night and day compared to the previous year for USF with the same talent.

RWVnMkS.gif

Advertisement
I think he's good, but...

I've heard this $1M number thrown around for the DC position. At the very least we'll be spending a lot of money on that spot. Is this a guy of that caliber? I wouldn't think so.

His defense was balling against Fsu earlier in the season and completely dismantled cincinatti who Miami lost to as well

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back