Holding Calls or lack there of

Saviorcane

Banned
Banned
What are your thoughts on the Tyree holding call on the Walton TD and the no call for holding on Corn Elder during the Whitfield TD?

Advertisement
Would love to hear a real non homer take on these two calls. I was puzzled by them at the game but I was drunk and didn't have the benefit of tv replay. So I wasn't sure if they were legit or not.

Would love to hear a real non homer take on these two calls. I was puzzled by them at the game but I was drunk and didn't have the benefit of tv replay. So I wasn't sure if they were legit or not.

They are, there was like 5 of them at least that I saw

When corn got pulled to the ground and they ignored that, and then they called some "happens every single play" holding waltons astonishing run..

You got everything you need to know

They are, there was like 5 of them at least that I saw

When corn got pulled to the ground and they ignored that, and then they called some "happens every single play" holding waltons astonishing run..

You got everything you need to know

It wasn't just that, it didn't have anything to do with Waltons run. He was past the LOS on the other side of the field headed for the end zone. It was an absurd call. The targeting where our player led with his shoulder and hit the Noles player in the shoulder was also absurd. But most absurd of all was the officials stopping our up tempo offense when we had FSU on its heels in the first quarter because the first down marker monkeys got their feet tangled in the chain.

Advertisement
Refs stole the game from us. Terrible calls. The targeting near the end really took the cake. When people started throwing stuff on the field I bet the guy wished he had kept the flag in his pocket. Where I grew up he never would have gotten out of the stadium alive.

When I saw it live, looked like a hold - watched replay, Dont think Elder was held

Tyree held - why when the run was going the other way ?

Advertisement
FSU held onto our guys for dear life last night. I want to say it was the 2nd quarter when our LB came through the line and the linemen for FSU had him around the waist. No call by the refs. I was like, WTH? Or worst, Chad Thomas seemed to be held ever play in the first three quarters, no calls. When they didn't hold him, he was at Frenchy or Cook like no ones business.

I don't mind them calling holding, but call it both ways (keyword) EQUALLY. This random crap is just that. Walton gets screwed constantly for OL holding calls that don't affect the play or don't exist.

image.jpg

Just a few that "happens every play" to call the one on us is a huge reach. Tyree maybe got his hand out to far but immediately let go these cats were holding and taking us to the ground

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back