Hire Steve Spurrier Jr. as passing game coordinator!

Advertisement
Heres another idea. Former Miami Dolphins player Wes Welker is currently the WR coach for the 49ers. He is a Mike Leach Air Raid disciple. Before the 49ers he was an offensive/special teams assistant for Houston when they went 11-5. I think Welker is trying to eventually become an OC for his 2nd career. He's comfortable in S Fl and has a ton of credibility as someone who played in 3 super bowls. Recruits would respond to that. No he hasn't called plays, but coaches and players who learned from Mike Leach have been largely successful.

Advertisement
Heres another idea. Former Miami Dolphins player Wes Welker is currently the WR coach for the 49ers. He is a Mike Leach Air Raid disciple. Before the 49ers he was an offensive/special teams assistant for Houston when they went 11-5. I think Welker is trying to eventually become an OC for his 2nd career. He's comfortable in S Fl and has a ton of credibility as someone who played in 3 super bowls. Recruits would respond to that. No he hasn't called plays, but coaches and players who learned from Mike Leach have been largely successful.
At this point NOONE should be overlooked

Enos hasn’t called plays worth a **** anyway, so y not. I’m definitely on board w him being our OC and WR coach, honestly.

Advertisement
It looks like Manny isn’t letting Enos go, and with the Brady guy at LSU working with an experienced OC like Ensminger, then we should (need) to add a young guy with new ideas on offense to work with Enos. It’s not even a question. This might also be more cost effective than firing Enos. If Manny doesn’t do this he’s a lame duck by spring.

Steve Spurrier Jr single handedly killed Sr at USC.

He told Mike Williams he wasnt a take so he went to Clemson. Just the beginning of his incompetence.
Not saying you don’t know and this isn’t true but how do you know? First hand or an inside source?

Advertisement
Why the mental torture of coming up with all these "fixes" when it's become painfully obvious that manny is not changing a single ******* thing???

Advertisement
Another dummy with the passing game coordinator ****. You guys realize Brady is the actual OC there and that Orgeron kept Ensminger around because he’s a good old dude who’s a company man with no ego. Why the fck not just fire Penos?

Enos doesn't strike me as a guy who would be enthused about a young buck telling him he runs a ****ty dinosaur offense. Diaz making Enos pair with a spread offense OC would basically be firing him without giving him the dignity of a face to face termination.

Anyways Diaz doesn't have the stones to fire his good friend. We all know that another couple seasons of an Enos offense will lead to Diaz getting fired. So the question is do we want to simply accept that Diaz gets 4 years (being the mayor's son gets him a 4th year regardless of his overall record at that point) and that it will be unwatchable football until we are looking for a new coach in 2022?

This is the main reason I hope the Highsmith as Football CEO are true. Diaz has lost his decision making privileges after picking the OC who oversaw the worst offense in 3rd down conversions in all college football. Highsmith needs to make the hard staff decisions for Diaz. He can fire Enos and force Diaz to hire a spread OC. If Diaz doesn't like it then he can quit. Win win.

I don't want to read the name "Spurrier" in connection with anything having to do with UM.

Just get rid of Enos and hand the whole offense over to Joe Brady immediately.

On second thought, just get rid of Manny and hand the whole thing over to Joe Brady.

Yall clearly dont understand how this works. Every team has a run game and pass game coordinator. Under richt it was brown and dugans. Dont know who it is on this staff

Another dummy with the passing game coordinator ****. You guys realize Brady is the actual OC there and that Orgeron kept Ensminger around because he’s a good old dude who’s a company man with no ego. Why the fck not just fire Penos?
I see ZERO reason to keep him around. Our QB play was spotty as **** again, outside of a couple games. The play calling and overall schemes were just dreadful. Why keep the most expensive assistant coach on staff when he is also the biggest failure?

That being said, I am pretty convinced we have put together the laziest, most entitled, undisciplined bunch of players since the end of the Coker days. I can't see any OC doing well with the players we have. The problem is at the top, and until that is fixed, we are going to see more of the same.

Advertisement
Back