HIgh School football players transfering to keep their dream alive - NPR Today

Advertisement
We have had a few football players move in to Iowa to play fall football. Kansas St Qb recruit From CO and an Iowa WR from KS I believe are the two biggest so far. Sucks for kids that were in a position to start. Also sucks for some schools that are actively recruiting. I joke that the school I work at is rated number 1 but after the dust settles from the recruiting of out of state kids, we may be unranked 🤣

We have had a few football players move in to Iowa to play fall football. Kansas St Qb recruit From CO and an Iowa WR from KS I believe are the two biggest so far. Sucks for kids that were in a position to start. Also sucks for some schools that are actively recruiting. I joke that the school I work at is rated number 1 but after the dust settles from the recruiting of out of state kids, we may be unranked 🤣
If you don't mind are you at one of the big schools, NAIA, D2 or Juco? I played small ball in Kansas and they had a lot of opportunity to play college ball out there.

I feel bad for kids who end up losing their starting roles to out of state transfers.
Agree. And how about the kids that don’t have the means to move and are caught up in all the political bs while looking for a scholarship?

Advertisement
How's the State holding up from that derecho?
We are getting things cleaned up. Still have a lot of branches on the curbs but I think everyone has power now so that’s good.

it was weird because there was only a 30% chance of storms and then all **** broke lose. Others had it much worse than I did that’s for sure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is an interview I caught today on high school athletes transferring to states like Florida that's playing (so far depending where you are) from states like Illinois (that aren't). This will set up some interesting dynamics in HS and college.

The young man in the interview BRETT KUCZYNSKI is a long snapper and he is trying to get bigger offers which is risky because most long snappers are walk-ons. But as they say scared money doesn't make money so I commend his mom for moving to their vacation home in Volusia county so he can play football.

The best thing moving to Florida will do for him is allow him to qualify for instate tuition for the class of 2021 so he can be a walkon or preferred walkon at one of the state P5 schools in Florida. Which will be cheaper than attending most schools in Illinois.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back