Hey @RocketCane (as oppessed to my SN)

RocketsandCanes

RocketsandCanes
You thread got locked but I (regrettably) spent a lot of time typing this reply out. So below is a point by point rebuttal to your post:

Butch Davis career summary
Butch Davis

1. 0 NCs - Butch assembled the 2001 class and then left for the NFL (a testament to the great job he did turning Miami around in the mid-late 90's). If he would have stayed he surely would have won a NC. You would be a fool to think Coker was a better coach than him.

2. Couldn't win a NC in 2000 with even more talent than 2001. - If you think for a second his NC teams had more talent than the greatest college football team of all time then you need your head examined. Also, look at the history of NC football. It's not just him that didn't win there much, no one has, because no one gives a rat's *** about football in North Carolina (See NC State, Duke, Wake Forest).

3. Did worse with his own players than Coker did - Barely. The 2000 team got screwed out of a chance to play in the natty, and Coker was there the entire time as an assistant as well. Plus it's hard to do as well as the greatest college football team of all time (2001), because it's . . . uh . . . the greatest. Here is the term greatest defined by Webster's for you education: "markedly superior in character or quality".

4. One season of 10 or more wins. He came in and took over a team that had been dessimated by sanctions. They barely had enough scholarship players to function, and he completely turned the program around which culminated in the 01 team.

5. Even when cheating his *** off still had a losing ACC record at UNC See point #2. Also, he wasn't really cheating per se. The kids may have had help with their course work but it's not like that helped them perform on the field. In addition, he was never actually pinned with any wrongdoing himself.

6. Would have had even worse record at UNC if he weren't cheating See point #2 and #5. This assertion is purely speculation on your part.

7. Nobody but FIU wants him. He is 65. It's not like he has a lot of youthful years left in him. In addition, he had been broadcasting and away from the game for a few years. Also don't give me that nobody wanted him that whole time BS. If he wanted to take an FIU level job during that time he easily could have had one. He waited until one came around in a place he was familiar with and he knew he would not be returning to Miami.

8. Fired from last 2 jobs Yeah because the Browns have made great decisions in their history, and it's been super easy for lots of coaches to succeed in that wonderful environment. NC also a **** job, and the academic scandal (which once again wasn't really pinned on him). Let's also take a brief road of football coaches who have been fired. I'll start with Saban and the Phins (yes that counts as a firing), Les Miles (who won a NC), Mac Brown (won a NC), Pete Carroll (New England), Phil Fulmer (won a NC), I could go on and on, and these aren't even the best examples. The point is that rarely do you get to leave on your own terms in the coaching industry. Most people get fired, and multiple times at that.

Mark Richt career summary

1. 0 NCs You act like this is such an easy thing to do. Bo Schembechler never won a NC, and he is considered a college football legend. Not winning an NC does not make you a scrub coach. He has been very successful over a long period of time. In addition, no one is under the assumption that this guy is Bear Bryant. He is (up until this point) simply a very good football coach. Calling him one of the most overrated is ridiculous.

2. Got fired from last job. (See the last point under Davis. Getting fired in the coaching industry is commonplace, and most of the legends of the game have been fired at one time or another.

3. Combined 1-3 vs Ron Zook and Jim McElwain You can knock him for this. But it alone does not make him a bad football coach. You can't dominate everyone all the time, he still put together very successful seasons.

4. 0 conference titles in last 11 years See above. Yes a knock (and ultimately the one that got him canned), but once again no one has ever thought this guy was the next coming of Bear Bryant

5. 2 division titles in last 11 years. And that is in the SEC East and ACC Coastal divisions. The SEC east has only really become trash in the last 3-4 years. Meyer won two NC's in it, and on the front end of that 11 years TE was in much better shape.

6. Currently has worst recruiting class I have ever seen at Miami. Granted he still has 4 weeks to improve the class. This is arguably the dumbest assertion you made. It may be true that it is the worst Miami class you have ever seen, but that would mean you started following Miami football this year. This class is ranked 16th in the nation currently. Last year we ranked 21, 26 in 2015, 33 in 2011, and I'm not even counting every UM recruiting class before Schnellenberger took over the program, so roughly 60 years of garbage. This class may not be ranked in the top 10, but it has a lot of talent in it.

7. Has done so badly against rivals that SmokeyRone doesn't want FSU game to count in division standings. See Richt's record against Georgia Tech, his biggest rival at GA. Then end the conversation because it is self explanatory.

That being said, you are clearly an idiot. Go back to your FSwho or Gaytor board and gtfoh. No one wants you here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You thread got locked but I (regrettably) spent a lot of time typing this reply out. So below is a point by point rebuttal to your post:

Butch Davis career summary
1. 0 NCs - Butch assembled the 2001 class and then left for the NFL (a testament to the great job he did turning Miami around in the mid-late 90's). If he would have stayed he surely would have won a NC. You would be a fool to think Coker was a better coach than him.
2. Couldn't win a NC in 2000 with even more talent than 2001. - If you think for a second his NC teams had more talent than the greatest college football team of all time then you need your head examined. Also, look at the history of NC football. It's not just him that didn't win there much, no one has, because no one gives a rat's *** about football in North Carolina (See NC State, Duke, Wake Forest).
3. Did worse with his own players than Coker did - Barely. The 2000 team got screwed out of a chance to play in the natty, and Coker was there the entire time as an assistant as well. Plus it's hard to do as well as the greatest college football team of all time (2001), because it's . . . uh . . . the greatest. Here is the term greatest defined by Webster's for you education: "markedly superior in character or quality".
4. One season of 10 or more wins. He came in and took over a team that had been dessimated by sanctions. They barely had enough scholarship players to function, and he completely turned the program around which culminated in the 01 team.
5. Even when cheating his *** off still had a losing ACC record at UNC See point #2. Also, he wasn't really cheating per se. The kids may have had help with their course work but it's not like that helped them perform on the field. In addition, he was never actually pinned with any wrongdoing himself.
6. Would have had even worse record at UNC if he weren't cheating See point #2 and #5. This assertion is purely speculation on your part.
7. Nobody but FIU wants him. He is 65. It's not like he has a lot of youthful years left in him. In addition, he had been broadcasting and away from the game for a few years. Also don't give me that nobody wanted him that whole time BS. If he wanted to take an FIU level job during that time he easily could have had one. He waited until one came around in a place he was familiar with and he knew he would not be returning to Miami.
8. Fired from last 2 jobs Yeah because the Browns have made great decisions in their history, and it's been super easy for lots of coaches to succeed in that wonderful environment. NC also a **** job, and the academic scandal (which once again wasn't really pinned on him). Let's also take a brief road of football coaches who have been fired. I'll start with Saban and the Phins (yes that counts as a firing), Les Miles (who won a NC), Mac Brown (won a NC), Pete Carroll (New England), Phil Fulmer (won a NC), I could go on and on, and these aren't even the best examples. The point is that rarely do you get to leave on your own terms in the coaching industry. Most people get fired, and multiple times at that.

Mark Richt career summary
1. 0 NCs You act like this is such an easy thing to do. Bo Schembechler never won a NC, and he is considered a college football legend. Not winning an NC does not make you a scrub coach. He has been very successful over a long period of time. In addition, no one is under the assumption that this guy is Bear Bryant. He is (up until this point) simply a very good football coach. Calling him one of the most overrated is ridiculous.
2. Got fired from last job. (See the last point under Davis. Getting fired in the coaching industry is commonplace, and most of the legends of the game have been fired at one time or another.
3. Combined 1-3 vs Ron Zook and Jim McElwain You can knock him for this. But it alone does not make him a bad football coach. You can't dominate everyone all the time, he still put together very successful seasons.
4. 0 conference titles in last 11 years See above. Yes a knock (and ultimately the one that got him canned), but once again no one has ever thought this guy was the next coming of Bear Bryant
5. 2 division titles in last 11 years. And that is in the SEC East and ACC Coastal divisions. The SEC east has only really become trash in the last 3-4 years. Meyer won two NC's in it, and on the front end of that 11 years TE was in much better shape.
6. Currently has worst recruiting class I have ever seen at Miami. Granted he still has 4 weeks to improve the class. This is arguably the dumbest assertion you made. It may be true that it is the worst Miami class you have ever seen, but that would mean you started following Miami football this year. This class is ranked 16th in the nation currently. Last year we ranked 21, 26 in 2015, 33 in 2011, and I'm not even counting every UM recruiting class before Schnellengeber took over the program, so roughly 60 years of garbage. This class may not be ranked in the top 10, but it has a lot of talent in it.
7. Has done so badly against rivals that SmokeyRone doesn't want FSU game to count in division standings. See Richt's record against Georgia Tech, his biggest rival at GA. Then end the conversation because it is self explanatory.

That being said, you are clearly an idiot. Go back to your FSwho or Gaytor board and gtfoh. No one wants you here.
[MENTION=16089]Rocketcane[/MENTION]

I just spent too much time typing that not to post it. It was honestly a complete waste of my time in retrospect lol.

Advertisement
Moar CiS selective moderation. [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION], [MENTION=1]Andrew[/MENTION]...keep it consistent.

didnt-read.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back