Hey, let's check in out our season opening opponent, UF!

Cryptical Envelopment

What a long strange trip it's been
Banned
Let's pivot for a second, and check in on pre-season #1 UF baseball.... 🥎 (that's a ladies softball emoticon, for the record).

They've played 24 games so far. 19 at home. Only 5 on the road. 55% of their games have been against mostly losing, powderpuff small-school programs. 🍦

RPI: 57
Non-conf RPI: 73
SOS: 83
Non-conf SOS: 145

They are 12-1 vs these overmatched teams:

UNF (not just a directional school, but north, which is universally know as the worst direction for a directional school)
Samford (and son)
FAMU (the HBCU that Samford went to I think)
GSU (Wrong GA and 5-21 so far)
Stetson (not the cowboy hat company, sadly)
Jacksonville (winless in the Reverend Moon... check that... Atlantic Sun Conference)

UF is 4-7 vs teams with a pulse:

Miami (we beat them in their stadium christening series!)
:emot-canes:

FAU (props to the team that thinks people remember that Schnellenberger coached there for beating UF!)
FSU (they are coached by a **** Mike Martin once took. They also beat UF. ****!)
TXAM (beating a middling SEC team at home is literally the only decent thing UF has done this year)
USCe (big, bad #25 little e swept UF this past weekend, ouch!)

And these redneck vagines STILL have more games left against... wait for it... yep, Mercer, Stetson (three MORE lol), FAMU, and Jacksonville.

That is all. I hate UF. Enjoy the Tears.
:tears-of-joy:

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tough call. The O’Sullivan slurping here is intolerable.
I know. I find myself doing the same thing - he obviously is a good coach. But, he has one title in 13 years while Fraser and Morris each have 2 in a similar/ smaller sample size w far fewer $$ resources.

I know. I find myself doing the same thing - he obviously is a good coach. But, he has one title in 13 years while Fraser and Morris each have 2 in a similar/ smaller sample size w far fewer $$ resources.
Well, Fraser had two in 30 years and Morris had two in 25 years, so 1 in 13 would be right on track. Unfortunately, none of the three guys we're talking about is our coach.

Advertisement
While we all agree emotionally, we actually need them to start winning.
Ideally high two seed amount of winning. I’d rather not have to spend regional weekend hearing about the joys of potato donuts and the Gainesville skyline.

Ideally high two seed amount of winning. I’d rather not have to spend regional weekend hearing about the joys of potato donuts and the Gainesville skyline.
Oh, I agree. But if we can stay ahead of FSU and be a top 20 RPI then it could be us and UF as the two state of Florida hosts. Unlike a few years where all three hosted, that is a long shot this year IMO. There is too much parity and the Committee is loathe to give too many host spots to schools in the deep south or to one state (although they'll claim it's totally objective - b.s.).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back