Here's my list

RL52U

Redshirt Freshman
#1 Butch

Should be the top pick. We'll see if the admin will do it.

#2 Mike Leach
Nobody does more with less talent than the Pirate, and we've always had talent. He took over a team that had won 9 games the previous 4 years, and hadn't been to a bowl game in a decade. He took them to a bowl in year 2. And so far this year he's beaten Oregon, Arizona (Rich Rod), with a rag tag group of nobodies from BFE. He beat Utah the last two years he faced them, and look at Utah now. The guy has also beaten the #1 team in the nation, and it's well documented that he's always wanted the Miami job. The fact Shalala passed on him should be a vote for the guy because it was clear she had no idea what to do. He likes to run up the score like Jimmy Johnson, and he likes chip on his shoulder players. That sounds like us. Plus the dude has a house in Key West. We could get him.

#3 Justin Fuente
Solid OC from TCU now Memphis Coach. They've done really well. He hired some good people. They knocked off Ole Miss and that was impressive. Is he a legit headman and can he hang with the big boys? All answers point to yes, but there is still much to learn. Do we want to be the proving ground on that? It will be interesting to find out, abut I'm watching him closely.

#4 Schiano

He was good for us as a DC. He knows the school well. He had some success at Rutgers. Maybe? I just don't know if it would be the best choice.

#5 Chud
1 failure year for the Browns as HC? I really don't know about this.

#6 Tom Herman
He;s only been a HC for 1 year... that's it. But the guy seems like a solid coach.
He took over an 8-5 team and is undefeated, but the best team he's beat is Louisville? He beat winless UCF?
I think it's a gamble on him. I'd have to see more, but there are some plus things like he has a national championship from Ohio State.
It's just really hard to go for a guy who has only been a HC for just 1 year only on the resume.

No Cristobal. No Lane Kiffin. If they want to be assistants that's fine. But I don't want either as HC.

Advertisement
1, 3, and 6 are good. The rest sucks ******* and would be terrible hires.

1, 3, and 6 are good. The rest sucks ******* and would be terrible hires.

Herman and Fuente don't have a lot of resume to look at. That's my concern with both of them. American Conference...uh...I don't know.

Are they just Golden's in disguise?
Golden won 9 games and 8 games his last year at Temple...
Fuente won 10 games (probably 10 this year)
and Herman probably will win 10 games..

I really think we should get someone with Power 5 HC experience, but they are on the list because they have that up and comer label to them. Is it legit or not? no clue.

Another idiot Mike Leach fan. The guy is not just bad, he's egg fart bad. One of the most overrated coaches in modern history.

Can we stop comparing Fuente with Al at Temple.
Their respective record is nothing alike. Just look at the quality of wins.
It's just lazy

Advertisement
Another idiot Mike Leach fan. The guy is not just bad, he's egg fart bad. One of the most overrated coaches in modern history.

This is total BS. Show me coaches that have beaten the #1 team in the nation with a below mid tier team.
Show me coaches that went into Autzen stadium at Oregon and beat them.
Show me anyone else that's done those things and has a walk on QB that has 24 Tds and 4 ints.

All the guy does is take left over scrap players and make them into winners. That's the sign of a good coach.

A crap coach takes good players and loses to Clemson. That's what we chose the last time over Leach, and it was a mistake.

These are the teams Leach has beaten: Arizona (Pac-12 south champ last year), Oregon (Pac 12 north champ / National title team last year), Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, USC (He beat Kiffin and that's what got him fired), Utah (who Harbaugh couldn't beat).

All the guy does is go out and beat teams he should have no business beating with left over 2/3 star kids.

If he's so bad... then how come they all have problems with him. It's not just a fluke. It's a pattern, and he does it over and over and over.

People want the explosive play with an edge Miami. It's exactly what he's doing but with crappy players... we don't have crappy players...we just don't have anyone who knows what the **** to do with them. He does.

Advertisement
Back