Herald article

Not a nole or a gator fan just keeping it real.

If you were a recruit and the D has been bad for 3 straight years without improvement wouldn't you have some questions?

If the D was letting every offense they play have career days and still not be aggressive wouldn't you be concerned?

Likewise, the GhayTurd offense has been a raging dumpster fire since Muschamp took over and, unlike UM's situation on defense,
their commits have been defecting left and right.
So.....where is that recruiting expose on u.***g's recruiting problems?
Yeah, keeping it real.
Try again.

Advertisement
By the way i think the article was **** but i was giving my on point of view on the situation.

If we beat Louisville playing the same defensive scheme with the same coaches does that validate the scheme and the coaches in your mind?

Shiiiiiiid, we all knew that we had to get to 10 wins to keep kids believing. Al may have fckd himself with that garbage *** scheme. These kids want to attack, not sit back and catch dik in the face up and down the field in hopes that the other team makes a mistake. ..... Kind of fck **** is that? That fat ******* better show me something tonight. This game is so pivotal. Win, and we hang on to our class .. And maybe pick up a couple more blue chippers. Lose? Well... We may be stuck in mediocrity for another 3-4 years.

Bennubird, I say no. I understand that the team doesn't have enough top caliber players on the front 7 to be dominant. But, I don't see D'Onofrio scheme to shut out a piece of an offense, or ever load the line of scrimmage and make the qb think about who is coming at him. D'Onofrio is to vanilla for me. Let's load the line of scrimmage once in awhile and press the offense. jmo

A negatively toned article by the Miami Herald against the University of Miami? What a shock!

Advertisement
All of the backlash is the fear of it being true. Our defense is putrid and has been for a long time. Golden has made zero changes on the defensive side in 3 years. Would you want to play for Franklin, Barrow, Williams or D'Onfrio? What have they done in their tenure here to convince top HS players that they are going to get them in the league as a high draft pick? The answer is absolutely nothing. Your can bet your *** that other schools are preaching this to our commits and targets daily. Vernon and Shields are the last defensive picks that we've produced in 5 years who both underperformed at their time at Miami. Spence too but hasn't played a down in the NFL. We just are not who we were and don't blame the recruits if they were hesitant. If the article is true then it might be a blessing as if Al starts losing defensive recruits it might finally smack some sense into him to part ways with his best friend. With that being said it is a travesty that the hometown paper allows this to be published.

Shields never played under ag and oliver vernon played for 1 year which was cut shot by a multi-game suspension.

Advertisement
LSU has never had a Jerome Brown, Cortez Kennedy, Warren Sapp, Vince Wilfork or DT that was first player picked in the NFL draft like Russel Maryland. Randy Shannon killed our DT recruiting while he was the head coach. Recruiting is where you get the DTs.

Losing players like Ricky Jean-Francois and Ali Highsmith because of grades started the trend of south Florida players going to LSU because of the administration not letting them in. Next thing Patrick Peterson was going to LSU. UM administration needs to get it in gear if they want to compete in this league.

All of the backlash is the fear of it being true. Our defense is putrid and has been for a long time. Golden has made zero changes on the defensive side in 3 years. Would you want to play for Franklin, Barrow, Williams or D'Onfrio? What have they done in their tenure here to convince top HS players that they are going to get them in the league as a high draft pick? The answer is absolutely nothing. Your can bet your *** that other schools are preaching this to our commits and targets daily. Vernon and Shields are the last defensive picks that we've produced in 5 years who both underperformed at their time at Miami. Spence too but hasn't played a down in the NFL. We just are not who we were and don't blame the recruits if they were hesitant. If the article is true then it might be a blessing as if Al starts losing defensive recruits it might finally smack some sense into him to part ways with his best friend. With that being said it is a travesty that the hometown paper allows this to be published.

Not even the point. Most on here recognize the defensive woes. One must question the timeliness of this article. With our bowl game tonight and the UA game upon us where our boys will be showcased, this bit reeks of gayturd agenda. Find me a positively toned UM article authored by this reptile. And there are many positives. When all you produce are dog**** articles about our woes then credibility becomes a problem.

1. Jamal Carter, Artie Burns, Tracy Howard, and a lot of others are already playing for them (Franklin, Barrow, Williams, D'Onofrio, Golden)
2. They have a boat load of talent committed for this class, especially on defense (they must be doing something right)
3. They have been implementing changes every season (we can discuss whether they've been successful for sure, but the changes are undeniable)
4. They sent kids to the NFL from Temple....yes, Temple...so, I'd say the answer is certainly not "absolutely nothing"
5. Shields played for Golden????
6. Spence underperformed at Miami???
7. The article is trash...I think Chad Thomas proves that.
8. Your post also is uninformed trash.

Advertisement

1. Jamal Carter, Artie Burns, Tracy Howard, and a lot of others are already playing for them (Franklin, Barrow, Williams, D'Onofrio, Golden)
2. They have a boat load of talent committed for this class, especially on defense (they must be doing something right)
3. They have been implementing changes every season (we can discuss whether they've been successful for sure, but the changes are undeniable)
4. They sent kids to the NFL from Temple....yes, Temple...so, I'd say the answer is certainly not "absolutely nothing"

Shields did not and Spence was a great LB for us. Referring to him being one of the three draft picks that we've produced in the last 5 years. The point is we aren't able to sell a laundry list of names that we've put in the NFL over the last 5 years the way we used to. The NCAA mess has helped significantly with better talent coming in. Who have those 4 coaches developed in to NFL talent though after 3 years?

Shields did not and Spence was a great LB for us. Referring to him being one of the three draft picks that we've produced in the last 5 years. The point is we aren't able to sell a laundry list of names that we've put in the NFL over the last 5 years the way we used to. The NCAA mess has helped significantly with better talent coming in. Who have those 4 coaches developed in to NFL talent though after 3 years?

Better question --- who did Randy Shannon leave on the depth chart for these coaches to work with and develop into NFL level talent? They did a pretty good job of getting an under-performing Brandon McGee to have a great senior year and at least get drafted. Denzel is likely going to get drafted. Other than those guys (did I miss anyone?), Randy didn't leave anything that was even Miami material, much less NFL material.

Advertisement
CaneInTheHouse I'd agree and most other Canes as well. So yes winning would be great and I hope we win and win big, but it isn't a validation of Coach "no aggressive" D. And if we lose because the defense is in prevent mode all game then we'll have seen what we've been seeing. The point though is that this game isn't some win or lose your recruiting class game because one that's dumb and more importantly recruits have been watching us all season and speak to the coaches directly, hence they already know what they need to know. Valentine knows that he's in the line up as soon as he steps on campus. Heck, if we could put his big a** out there tonight we would.

No other program in the country - that I'm aware of - gets undermined by its main media outlets the way our Canes do. Can't wait for them to have to report on our next MNC.

If we beat Louisville playing the same defensive scheme with the same coaches does that validate the scheme and the coaches in your mind?

Shiiiiiiid, we all knew that we had to get to 10 wins to keep kids believing. Al may have fckd himself with that garbage *** scheme. These kids want to attack, not sit back and catch dik in the face up and down the field in hopes that the other team makes a mistake. ..... Kind of fck **** is that? That fat ******* better show me something tonight. This game is so pivotal. Win, and we hang on to our class .. And maybe pick up a couple more blue chippers. Lose? Well... We may be stuck in mediocrity for another 3-4 years.

Bennubird, I say no. I understand that the team doesn't have enough top caliber players on the front 7 to be dominant. But, I don't see D'Onofrio scheme to shut out a piece of an offense, or ever load the line of scrimmage and make the qb think about who is coming at him. D'Onofrio is to vanilla for me. Let's load the line of scrimmage once in awhile and press the offense. jmo

I've said this D'Onofrio was a stone around the neck of defensive recruiting, but every time I mentioned it, I got jumped.

Well guess what?

As I've said time and again, no one wants to play for a crap defensive scheme - which is determined by the defensive coordinator.

You guys can blast me, but it doesn't change one thing. Some say this is Golden's defense, and D'Onofrio is just implementing it. Changes nothing. D'Onofrio is the DC, and he'll take the heat.

If I were a defensive player, no amount of love nor money would bring me to D'Onofrio. The numbers, the statistics, and watching the games for the past three years tell the story: this defense is inept.

Glad to see others like the Herald and Bleacher Report telling it like it is.

One day, some fans will stop slurping the Koolaid.

I've said this D'Onofrio was a stone around the neck of defensive recruiting, but every time I mentioned it, I got jumped.

Well guess what?

As I've said time and again, no one wants to play for a crap defensive scheme - which is determined by the defensive coordinator.

You guys can blast me, but it doesn't change one thing. Some say this is Golden's defense, and D'Onofrio is just implementing it. Changes nothing. D'Onofrio is the DC, and he'll take the heat.

If I were a defensive player, no amount of love nor money would bring me to D'Onofrio. The numbers, the statistics, and watching the games for the past three years tell the story: this defense is inept.

Let us get the recruits first before you start bashing the coaches. I've said before that bashing the coaches only hurts us in the recruiting department, but you are not smart enough to realize that. Our coaches are trying to implement a system and it takes time. I understand that we want to put our players in the best position, but your talking patchwork job at best. We don't need a patchwork team. We are trying to build for the long haul, but again the microwave generation fan don't see the big picture. The system we run is proven at the pro and college level. We just need the players to run it. Again, stop looking for patchwork/temporary fixes and think long term success.

Seem to assume that recruits are blind and that they don't see what we see...they do. Let's hope their "blind love" for UM will continue to abide and that they'll remain Canes.

Well guess what?

Let us get the recruits first before you start bashing the coaches. I've said before that bashing the coaches only hurts us in the recruiting department, but you are not smart enough to realize that. Our coaches are trying to implement a system and it takes time. I understand that we want to put our players in the best position, but your talking patchwork job at best. We don't need a patchwork team. We are trying to build for the long haul, but again the microwave generation fan don't see the big picture. The system we run is proven at the pro and college level. We just need the players to run it. Again, stop looking for patchwork/temporary fixes and think long term success.

Advertisement
Back