Help me understand

imurcane

Banned
Banned
We are all disappointed in our offensive output the past two weeks. I get that!
CMR isn't calling a very good game plan. I get that.
BK is playing poorly. That seems to stem from a little happy feet, lack of pocket awareness, bad OL play, bad play calling, bad QB decisions, and WRs dropping balls. I get that.

The JRicht hire has for the most part by much of the board been one that has been questioned. Since the board says JR is a terrible qb coach, what has he done so poorly? I have no idea what he does with the QBs. From my time playing, albeit as an OL, it seemed to me that the QB coach spent a ton of time breaking film down with the QBs. Obviously, the QB coach is on the field practicing with the kids. I really do think most of the folks calling for JR's head, don't really understand the problem or why JR should be fired. You have to understand that CMR is "probably" spending a lot of time with BK on the field at practice. I do wonder what you all think happens at practice? Film has been broken down, and now they are on the field. It is unlikely that there is talk about fundamentals, unless BK did something that needs attention. They are likely talking about the game plan, plan of attack. Im sure they are inserting the plays for the week that are new while practicing their "core" plays that are run weekly.

Now if JR doesn't have that it factor, that command, or sense of respectability, it is time to go. I played for Mike Leach, well he was my OL coach, and Leach never played football in college. But Leach has that it factor. The guy is the smartest person Ive met, and he uses that to relate with players.

So lets take experience out of the picture for a moment . . . I believe the qb coach for Leach does pretty much the same things with their QBs that JR is doing at Miami. They are breaking down film together and installing the plays for the week. So why all the venom for JR?

It does raise another question/problem for game planning and scheming . . . we are not seeing adjustments being made offensively. This is an area where the offensive coaches and the OC should be collaborating.

The whole situation is maddening bc CMR is an offensive guy. He was a winning HC in the SEC. He did put a young offensive staff together, and I think some of that is showing up.

Advertisement
Thomas Brown has no business being named OC at the University of Miami.

Jon Richt has no business being on the staff of 9, in any capacity, at the University of Miami.

Hartley has no business being on the staff, in any capacity, at the University of Miami.

And a head coach who was fired from a second tier p5 program has no business being HC at the University of Miami.

Jon Richt has no business being on the staff of 9, in any capacity, at the University of Miami.

Hartley has no business being on the staff, in any capacity, at the University of Miami.

And a head coach who was fired from a second tier p5 program has no business being HC at the University of Miami.

If Georgia is 2nd tier then what are we?

So you are saying we should accept being a mediocre squad? Miami won 5 national titles since Georgia even sniffed one. Why are we taking their thrown out trash???

So you are saying we should accept being a mediocre squad? Miami won 5 national titles since Georgia even sniffed one. Why are we taking their thrown out trash???

Didn't say that I'm just saying Georgia isn't a 2nd tier program. Kids flock to that school on name alone. We've also won more championships since our first than any school in the country. That doesn't make us better program than Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, Oklahoma etc... Sadly more things go into it than that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back