Harley's "doing the bare minimum" comment

U Know

Junior
I think this is the perfect time (comment) for the Chief of Staff Ed Reed. I would have a team meeting with this quote on font 1000 on the screen. I would have Harley front and center and have him try to explained himself. I would ask all the players if they saw this quote? Who ever claim they saw it, have them front and center also. Ask those who saw the quote did they check him for saying this, if no, why not? Reed should then lay into Harley for making that statement and the players who saw it but did not whole him accountable. Points Reed should touch on..."6-7 teams can't do the bare minimum." "Borderline undrafted free agents can't do the bare minimum." "Running backs with 8att, 8yds should not be on Twitter whining."

Also, would have Cam front and center for his Twitter comments. Would leave by saying to the underclassmen, "y'all better take their jobs."

*Would have a separate session for coaches only.
*I don't really think Harley was doing the minimum, think he was making excuses for his subpar performance so far. He actually puts in a lot of work outside of practice.
*Going into a bye week is the perfect time to make sh*t a little uncomfortable. Break up some complacency. Let them know 5-1 ain't sh*t.

* This is longer than I expected, lol.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Imagine doing “ the bare minimum “ on a Saban or Dabo coached team. Manny is cool with the lack of effort though as long as he gets tagged on his players’ social media posts.

Where do you even come up with this take?

It's almost like changing the culture can't be done quickly.

Imagine doing “ the bare minimum “ on a Saban or Dabo coached team. Manny is cool with the lack of effort though as long as he gets tagged on his players’ social media posts.
To be fair, the "bare minimum" on a Saban team is probably north of a SEAL **** Week.

Advertisement
If Harley is saying this, you know a lot of kids on the team are getting away with the same chit.

Advertisement
Part of it is likely a lack of oversight. Coaches haven't been able to be all over the players because of covid.

There's been a lot of sloppy play all over the country so far.

We've played some crappy teams this year, but they were all bowl teams in 2019. They didn't all just lose all their talent.

Advertisement
Back