Hard Rock Poor Field Condition-Can it be Fixed This Season?

Earnest T. Bass

Sophomore
Bad luck or bad sod?

Perhaps both are to blame for Hard Rock Stadium’s field’s substandard condition.

And no matter what the team has tried, the problem has not been fixed.

It was chunky again Sunday night, when rain and games on back-to-back days ripped up a pitch that had been laid just days before.

Dolphins and Raiders players slipped repeatedly —prompting CBS analyst Phil Simms to rip the surface on Inside the NFL.

“Did you watch the Sunday night game down in Miami?” Simms said. “You know, those are professional football players on the field. Did you see the field and conditions? It really bothered me. There are players out there that really could have been hurt because of the condition of that field.... It really did bother me. In this day and age that you can’t have a great surface for all these guys? I thought that they were lucky somebody didn’t get hurt.”

Coach Adam Gase, said he expects the field to be better by the Dolphins’ Nov. 19 home game against the Buccaneers.

Advertisement
Bad luck or bad sod?

Perhaps both are to blame for Hard Rock Stadium’s field’s substandard condition.

And no matter what the team has tried, the problem has not been fixed.

It was chunky again Sunday night, when rain and games on back-to-back days ripped up a pitch that had been laid just days before.

Dolphins and Raiders players slipped repeatedly —prompting CBS analyst Phil Simms to rip the surface on Inside the NFL.

“Did you watch the Sunday night game down in Miami?” Simms said. “You know, those are professional football players on the field. Did you see the field and conditions? It really bothered me. There are players out there that really could have been hurt because of the condition of that field.... It really did bother me. In this day and age that you can’t have a great surface for all these guys? I thought that they were lucky somebody didn’t get hurt.”

Coach Adam Gase, said he expects the field to be better by the Dolphins’ Nov. 19 home game against the Buccaneers.

When turf is put down, "just days before" it means the turf has not been in long enough to set in. It's always better after being in a week plus, rather than a few days.

Advertisement
Back