Harbor 2.2

L.A once upon a time was the murder capital during the crack era in the 80’s. Venice has always been sketchy due to the drug scene & gang scene over there. I worked in Culver City for yrs, but there’s always been two sides of Culver City. U go to the Fox Hills Mall & might get robbed or beat up if u’re from the wrong neighborhood. Lower Culver was & still is considered The Barrios. However, going towards West LA, it’s all good.

I’ve told ppl for yrs when moving to L.A; stop allowing TV fool u. Some of the nicer neighborhoods have hidden dangers. Sherman Oaks had a Russian Mafia running high end car jacking (I would know b/c I insured one of their dolls who kept switching out high end cars). The key to LA is be cool; I wouldn’t classify any neighborhood as “safe.” There r just some that r safer than others, but u still have to watch urself.

If anything, most cities w/in the OC would be classified as safe b/c their units ain’t on no bull chit. They will hunt u down. But, I personally feel comfortable wherever I am.
I just tend to mind my own business wherever I am, and stay out of neighborhoods I’ve no need to be in.

I remember the Russians from my Sherman Oaks/Van Nuys days. I used to drink at a neighborhood Irish bar, owned and operated by a guy from Dublin. Everyone (almost) who worked there was from Ireland. The bartenders had no problem getting into fights if provoked. But when guys from the Russian gangs came in for a drink, the bartenders never pushed back with an attitude.

Advertisement
85 South Praying GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

I just tend to mind my own business wherever I am, and stay out of neighborhoods I’ve no need to be in.

I remember the Russians from my Sherman Oaks/Van Nuys days. I used to drink at a neighborhood Irish bar, owned and operated by a guy from Dublin. Everyone (almost) who worked there was from Ireland. The bartenders had no problem getting into fights if provoked. But when guys from the Russian gangs came in for a drink, the bartenders never pushed back with an attitude.

Bro, so here’s the story:

A beautiful, & I mean beautiful girl named Natasha comes to my office. Fr, looked like a straight Barbie Doll. She comes in dressed really nice, chest out w sunshades. Now, by nature I’m personable, so I’m keeping it professional while being personable. She’s hella stoic, no smile, no nothing. I asked her about Sherman Oaks & how she like it, short convo. That day she insured a Benz G-Wagon & SL-Roadster.

1 month later, she’s late on her bill, so I give her a reminder call. No answer; so this guy comes in & introduces himself as her son (mind u, she was 33 & this dude claimed to be 18). He says from now on, u’ll be dealing w/ me. Told him I need her authorization due to legalities. I speak to a woman, but it don’t sound like Natasha, but it’s w/e. So dude switches out the G-Wagon for an E-coupe & the SL for a BMW 6 series. Brother this happens every month, until my underwriters red-flag the account.

All the phone numbers we had on file mysteriously disconnect. 3 weeks later, I get pulled in ?’d about the file & I was then informed that several offices were used to insure stolen vehicles in an elaborate scheme. All same M.O, beautiful girl, seeks male agents, then a guy handles all transactions thereafter, flipping stolen cars.

Advertisement

Or, the Armenians in Glendale and environs. They still going strong?

Advertisement
He is going to South Carolina according to their insiders, not Oregon.

I would guess Oregon or USCe; both have solid T&F programs, & if @SCarolina Ibis rumor is correct in regards to what Under Armour is planning to do in regards to a package (doesn’t matter if it’s Maryland or not), then I can see him choosing there. He’s been long crystal balled there for a while.

Advertisement
Is it safe to say that it is a CIS law of recruiting that elite prospects don't commit without a visit (official or unofficial)? If so, I'll add it to the laws thread. We had a no OV, no commit law, but Popo broke that rule.

Corn Elder did sign an NLI w/o an OV or UV, but unsure of any other elite prospects that didn't take at least an UV.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back