Guess it isn't the Gator's year either

imurcane

Banned
Banned
No consolation for us coming up short. But Im glad UF lost tonight. Well will lose tonight.

Advertisement
O'Sullivan should be fired if they lose the next game to Texas Tech. That would be the logic of some on this board. They have 7 of the top 90 selections in the draft.

Def under achieving. If he goes say another 5 years (way less than 15) without a title he should be fired. As some have stated here, possibly you, the state schools have a big advantage recruiting. He should be able to capitalize on it. Their pen looked like that Braves pen from several years ago. Lights out at the every stop in that pen.

Advertisement
Florida's bullpen is still better than our starting rotation. DV if you want but look for Miami to be the first team headed home from Omaha.

It doesn't excuse how poorly we played and it doesn't make me feel any better but

BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAA!!!!!!

A sobering thought is that they have the pitching to possibly win 4 in a row. We don't. But hey ,anything can happen!

GO CANES!!!!

The Gators are the only team in Omaha with the pitching to make it through the loser bracket. I'm not going to write them off until they are on a plane back to Gainesville.

Advertisement
You are correct TC. And I think Omaha is a pitcher's park. That will help them.

Which if you think about it, if we play solid defense and throw strikes I think we could (at this point) make a little noise. I do think climbing all the way back to a title series is very unlikely.

O'Sullivan should be fired if they lose the next game to Texas Tech. That would be the logic of some on this board. They have 7 of the top 90 selections in the draft.

Not yet, but he's coming dangerously close to that point. He's comparable to Mark Richt at Georgia: very successful program builder with the inability to finish the deal. Florida fans aren't known as being the type to celebrate "getting there" forever.

Not yet, but he's coming dangerously close to that point. He's comparable to Mark Richt at Georgia: very successful program builder with the inability to finish the deal. Florida fans aren't known as being the type to celebrate "getting there" forever.

Miami fans use to be the same way, but there has been an influx of new fans that don't understand our history and tradition.

Miami fans use to be the same way, but there has been an influx of new fans that don't understand our history and tradition.

Nationally, people see us as a program that falls flat when it counts. Twitter was pretty brutal after our game. A lot of "same old Canes" comments.

Advertisement
You are correct TC. And I think Omaha is a pitcher's park. That will help them.

Which if you think about it, if we play solid defense and throw strikes I think we could (at this point) make a little noise. I do think climbing all the way back to a title series is very unlikely.

The Gators had the 6th overall pick come in to face one batter, and had the 28th overall pick as their 6th inning guy. Their middle inning relievers would be our top starters. There is nobody in the field (and in the nation) remotely close to the Gators in pitching. We fall squarely in the "nobody in the field remotely close" category. Our only chance in Omaha was to win game one and hope for the best. At this point I'm just hoping we don't go 0 and 2 and 'que. Winning 4 games in a row against CWS competition with the jags we will be throwing is basically impossible. Woodrey forgetting how to get guys out, plus all the injuries, have taken a big big toll.

Nationally, people see us as a program that falls flat when it counts. Twitter was pretty brutal after our game. A lot of "same old Canes" comments.

My post was a joke. No matter what happens to UF this year will O'Sullivan b fired, nor should he.

Advertisement

My post was a joke. No matter what happens to UF this year will O'Sullivan b fired, nor should he.

I also did not say that O'Sullivan should be fired this year.

Advertisement
Back