Greg Lovelady

Advertisement
Doing well at UCF. He would be a breath of fresh air for the program. UCF can hit a breaking ball. Something our hitting coach struggles with teaching.
UCF is 21-22. Regular season champs in 2017. Lost to East Carolina in conference tournament. Missed regionals in 2018 and 2019. Don't confuse UCF with his performance at Wright State. Trust me, I wouldn't mind seeing Gino go, but let's not get carried away. Greg is a smart guy, but verdict is still out on whether he would be anywhere close to an improvement.

UCF is 21-22. Regular season champs in 2017. Lost to East Carolina in conference tournament. Missed regionals in 2018 and 2019. Don't confuse UCF with his performance at Wright State. Trust me, I wouldn't mind seeing Gino go, but let's not get carried away. Greg is a smart guy, but verdict is still out on whether he would be anywhere close to an improvement.
The shine has worn off on him for me. Have been unimpressed with what he’s done at ucf

Wasn't happy we lost him.
Would be hard to get him to UM. He has a great gig with UCF .. $225,000 salary along with housing provided by the school. Very low cost of living area compared to Coral Gables .. less congestion .. school that supports all athletic programs.

Advertisement
In truth it is not just wanting Lovelady, it is really wanting anyone with some youth and fire. It is an absolute **** show down in Coral Gables - Gino is clearly not the answer. He took what could have been an elite championship team and forgot to teach them how to hit the breaking pitches.

Would be hard to get him to UM. He has a great gig with UCF .. $225,000 salary along with housing provided by the school. Very low cost of living area compared to Coral Gables .. less congestion .. school that supports all athletic programs.
It's not so much the difficulty of hiring Lovelady, it's more about the sheer impossibility of firing Gino.

Season 3 Baseball GIF by The Simpsons

Doing well at UCF. He would be a breath of fresh air for the program. UCF can hit a breaking ball. Something our hitting coach struggles with teaching.
Hitting coach are glorified arm chair counselors..overrated asf

Advertisement
Don't worry, the same people making every excuse under the sun for Larranaga are out in full force for Gino. One guy responded to a comment about Arteaga and our pitching with Blake James hired Arteaga so it is not Gino's fault. What? I want nothing more than Blake to hit the high road back to Minnesota, but even I can appreciate that it would be a problem if the AD was dictating who our pitching coach is. If anything it would be problematic if he did that.

I spoke to Greg at the ABCA conference in Dallas over the weekend. He was very positive and said he is going to spend this season kicking back and evaluating his options.
How was the convention? I haven’t went in years. Actually stopped being a member like 4 years ago.

Did you see Powell from Miami talk? Be interested to hear if he did well and has some good stuff.

Advertisement
How was the convention? I haven’t went in years. Actually stopped being a member like 4 years ago.

Did you see Powell from Miami talk? Be interested to hear if he did well and has some good stuff.

Convention was good. It's gotten so big. 7,800 coaches were there. Powell was late in the schedule on Saturday, and we were heading into Dallas for the night so I did not see him. I will watch it when they send the videos out.

Convention was good. It's gotten so big. 7,800 coaches were there. Powell was late in the schedule on Saturday, and we were heading into Dallas for the night so I did not see him. I will watch it when they send the videos out.
Why are you still posting under this name?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back