Greg Cote: Enough Losing, Canes! Article about Diaz and possibility of losing him.

Advertisement
Manny deserves a shot somewhere, but as a big Manny fan, IDK if this is a good move. Perhaps he has some great Offensive minds ready to come on board with him at Temple and he rolls. . . into a bigger and better job. Personally would love for him to sat a couple of years, but I can't blame him if he leaves now.

My last post for a while.

So commit now to an unproven quantity as a head coach. That’s s big NO from me.

Lie to keep him, but do not, under any circumstances make a commitment that you can’t get out of to have him as a head coach in the future. You cannot box yourself in to any one person as a head coach. This program is going to be at thoroughly evaluated either at the end of this year or at the end of next year. All options should be open.

Say whatever you want to keep him, but don’t permanently commit to him being the next head coach. Don’t start compounding your mistakes. My two cents.

I don’t want to lose him, but I’d rather lose him than commit to him being the next head coach TBH

Huge and illogical overreaction. This is bad tactics.

Advertisement
My last post for a while.

So commit now to an unproven quantity as a head coach. That’s s big NO from me.

Lie to keep him, but do not, under any circumstances make a commitment that you can’t get out of to have him as a head coach in the future. You cannot box yourself in to any one person as a head coach. This program is going to be at thoroughly evaluated either at the end of this year or at the end of next year. All options should be open.

Say whatever you want to keep him, but don’t permanently commit to him being the next head coach. Don’t start compounding your mistakes. My two cents.

I don’t want to lose him, but I’d rather lose him than commit to him being the next head coach TBH

Huge and illogical overreaction. This is bad tactics.

Solid post.

Pay Manny what he’s worth. If that isn’t enough, then god bless him and wish him well. IMO, that’s all you can do.

Advertisement
Bull**** on Blake not carrying on a search because of the timing of Richts‘ resignation. He was caught unprepared and took the easy way out hiring Manny.

That was in 2018.
Manny the car salesman fooled many people who were deprived of success for so long and hoping for finally start winning.
He fooled me.
But a year and a half later it was obvious to me he was a fraud.

That was in 2018.
Manny the car salesman fooled many people who were deprived of success for so long and hoping for finally start winning.
He fooled me.
But a year and a half later it was obvious to me he was a fraud.
Many of us said "In Manolo we trust, until we don't"

My gut told me 4th and 17 was a glaring warning light on dashboard and proved correct later that same season...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back