Good Riddance to Garrius Adams

jzabl001

Redshirt Freshman
Not to take personal jabs at him because i've never met the kid, but **** was this guy a waste of talent. Pretty much the definition of a Frank Haith player and one of the few who failed to improve an eon under Larranaga. Should have been a good jump shooter, wasn't. Should have been a consistent from the free throw line, wasn't. Should have been a leader as a senior that lead by example, and wasn't.Addition by subtraction next season.

Advertisement
Not to take personal jabs at him because i've never met the kid, but **** was this guy a waste of talent. Pretty much the definition of a Frank Haith player and one of the few who failed to improve an eon under Larranaga. Should have been a good jump shooter, wasn't. Should have been a consistent from the free throw line, wasn't. Should have been a leader as a senior that lead by example, and wasn't.Addition by subtraction next season.

I'm pretty sure he alone cost us anywhere between 5-7 games this year.

Advertisement

94.gif

The stench of Frank Haith is officially gone. At least Coach L was able to make Brown and Swoope into good players.

Adams was asked to be our 2nd best player this year. He is role player. Ridiculous to rip him.

Advertisement
Adams had a rough game, but like others have said, he was being asked to do more this entire season than he was probably capable of doing. No need to rip anyone -- he played hard, and I will never rip a college kid publicly for trying his best. I thank him (and all of our seniors) for giving their best and playing hard for this team. They overachieved this year, and that is a testament to their grit and hustle (and Coach L's staff).

I won't say anything bad about anyone on this team. The effort was there all season. After watching the season opener, they won more than I thought they would this season in ACC play. Coach L gets major props for his adjustments.

After losing so much after last season, they played .500 ball and even scored some upsets along the way. They beat FSU and Notre Dame. Won a game in the ACC tourney. Wish they could have gone further but I still am proud of how well they did this season. We were picked to be what? 48th or something in the ACC but finished No. 10. And next year is going to be exciting.

Garrius wasn't this bad before his injury.

Many had cautiously high hopes for him before the start of the season.

One of the worst shooters I have ever seen. His 3 balls have a 50/50 chance of simply hitting inside the cylinder of the rim.

A couple wide open bricks on a some 3's today.

Best part of his game was his ability to drive and get to the hoop. Wasn't a bad finisher inside by any means.

Advertisement
I won't say anything bad about anyone on this team. The effort was there all season. After watching the season opener, they won more than I thought they would this season in ACC play. Coach L gets major props for his adjustments.

This x1000. I found myself getting ****ed off last night too but then I reminded myself that this team overachieved BIG TIME. There was no way in **** any of us thought we would be this competitive this year. **** we were a few bad plays away from being in the ACC quarterfinals!

Like someone mentioned, Adams was asked to be our #2 scorer and we are talkinga bout a guy that was **** near the 8th guy off our bench last year. Thats like asking Rashard Lewis to all of sudden be our #2 behind King James if anything ever happens to Bosh or Wade injury wise. Not fair and too much to ask of the kid.

It was a good season only for the fact that we were competitive in alot of games that we should not have been and you can tell these kids played hard almost EVERY NIGHT. I dont want to make this into a bash the football team thread but those guys could learn ALOT from this years bball team about heart and playing with pride even when you know you are out-gunned. JMO.

Had Adams not redshirted last year due to injury, I think he would have been a key rotation guy like Brown was on our ACC Championship team. He may have helped us push further into the NCAA tourney, and would have developed enough to the point to where he would have been able to accept more responsibility this year.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for this year nor last.

Adams will go on to play some international pro ball, I would guess. He could develop into a decent player for someone. His career at Miami wasn't ideal due to the timing of his injury last season, and losing a year of development/experience.

Dogging Adams for his lackluster career at Miami is like dogging Graig Cooper for not being a better back after the Citrus Bowl "turf" chewed up his knee. It's short-sided, and pretty unfair to the kid given the circumstances. You can get ****ed at him for missing some shots and in particular the FT's he missed last night...but he's not worthy of the treatment given by the OP. The OP's a bum, not Adams.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back