Good Read On Gibson and McFadden

deerob305

Junior
From the Miami Herald....

With more than 20 scholarship offers to play at any school in the country, it’s been kind of hard for Tarvarus McFadden to keep track of his possible destinations.

On Saturday, after participating at tryouts for the South Florida Express 7-on-7 travel team at Hollwood McArthur, McFadden took to his Twitter account to share an offer from Ohio State – a school that has reportedly offered him for quite some time.

“I mean I guess it was something I’ve had previously,” said McFadden, the American Heritage cornerback rated a five-star prospect by Rivals. “But a reporter came and asked me how it felt to have one for Ohio State.

“It’s always exciting to get a new offer.”

Two schools who have yet to offer McFadden, however, are the University of Miami and the University of Florida.

McFadden has had growing interest from the Gators as of late, and even had a visit at his school from UF coach Will Muschamp on Tuesday.

“I think they’ll offer soon,” McFadden said.

As for UM, McFadden has been bothered he has not received any interest from the Hurricanes coaching staff.

“I guess they’re not recruiting me,” McFadden said. “They don’t even contact me.

“At first it did bother me a little bit, but since I’ve been getting offers from bigger schools, it’s like they have their reason they’re not recruiting me so there’s nothing I can really do about it.”

McFadden said he would like to play on a cohesive team with national title aspirations. Playing with his high school teammate, Torrance Gibson, could also be a factor.

Gibson – a 6-4, 200-pound quarterback rated a five-star prospect by 247Sports – also has a boatload of scholarship offers from schools around the country. On Jan. 11, Gibson tweeted a top schools list with UM, Ohio State, LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Notre Dame, Clemson and UCF making the cut.

UM coach Al Golden has been recruiting Gibson since taking the Hurricanes job at the end of 2010 - when Gibson was in the eighth grade. Gibson has also been very high on Ohio State coach Urban Meyer's radar as the Buckeyes' spread offense is an ideal fit for Gibson's abilities.

“We talk about it from time to time,” McFadden said, “but we’re just going to wait and see how it plays out.

“If it happens, it happens.”

My Opinion......

It ****es me off cause he clearly Knws why the staff don't talk to him after he bashed the Al Golden Camp on Twitter....recruits like that want you to kiss his *** and the staff Knws kids like this think they are bigger than a program cause he a 5 star...I'm glad we not recruiting him so he can spurn us?? GTFOH

Advertisement
“At first it did bother me a little bit, but since I’ve been getting offers from BIGGER schools, it’s like they have their reason they’re not recruiting me so there’s nothing I can really do about it.”

Ouch.

Advertisement
BIGGER schools.

I don't think he was taking a shot at UM as much as he was saying other bigtime programs.. Even if he was, he is correct. UM is one of the smallest schools in all of Division 1. (been playing like it as of late)

From the Miami Herald....

With more than 20 scholarship offers to play at any school in the country, it’s been kind of hard for Tarvarus McFadden to keep track of his possible destinations.

On Saturday, after participating at tryouts for the South Florida Express 7-on-7 travel team at Hollwood McArthur, McFadden took to his Twitter account to share an offer from Ohio State – a school that has reportedly offered him for quite some time.

“I mean I guess it was something I’ve had previously,” said McFadden, the American Heritage cornerback rated a five-star prospect by Rivals. “But a reporter came and asked me how it felt to have one for Ohio State.

“It’s always exciting to get a new offer.”

Two schools who have yet to offer McFadden, however, are the University of Miami and the University of Florida.

McFadden has had growing interest from the Gators as of late, and even had a visit at his school from UF coach Will Muschamp on Tuesday.

“I think they’ll offer soon,” McFadden said.

As for UM, McFadden has been bothered he has not received any interest from the Hurricanes coaching staff.

“I guess they’re not recruiting me,” McFadden said. “They don’t even contact me.

“At first it did bother me a little bit, but since I’ve been getting offers from bigger schools, it’s like they have their reason they’re not recruiting me so there’s nothing I can really do about it.”

McFadden said he would like to play on a cohesive team with national title aspirations. Playing with his high school teammate, Torrance Gibson, could also be a factor.

Gibson – a 6-4, 200-pound quarterback rated a five-star prospect by 247Sports – also has a boatload of scholarship offers from schools around the country. On Jan. 11, Gibson tweeted a top schools list with UM, Ohio State, LSU, Tennessee, Florida, Notre Dame, Clemson and UCF making the cut.

UM coach Al Golden has been recruiting Gibson since taking the Hurricanes job at the end of 2010 - when Gibson was in the eighth grade. Gibson has also been very high on Ohio State coach Urban Meyer's radar as the Buckeyes' spread offense is an ideal fit for Gibson's abilities.

“We talk about it from time to time,” McFadden said, “but we’re just going to wait and see how it plays out.

“If it happens, it happens.”

My Opinion......

It ****es me off cause he clearly Knws why the staff don't talk to him after he bashed the Al Golden Camp on Twitter....recruits like that want you to kiss his *** and the staff Knws kids like this think they are bigger than a program cause he a 5 star...I'm glad we not recruiting him so he can spurn us?? GTFOH

What did he do or say about the camp?!?! Wow...that is insane and if accurate, I am glad we aren't recruiting this fella.

Why wouldn't you build a relationship with the kid just in case? Why completely ignore? This cycle, if you believe in the end the staff cooled on Bethel, we spent all that time establishing a relationship for it not to work out. Don't these dummies realize that the opposite could happen? Kid could blow up and the relationship you spent time on just in case could work out? Did they learn nothing from Skai Moore?

Advertisement
So the kid bashes us and then acts like he has no idea why we aren't recruiting him? That's trash and fans will come out the woodworks next year crying about how we should be going after him...crootin be's something else I tell ya.

So the kid bashes us and then acts like he has no idea why we aren't recruiting him? That's trash and fans will come out the woodworks next year crying about how we should be going after him...crootin be's something else I tell ya.

Nobody remembers this, the hype about him is from the SFE practices but before he was ripped as soft, overrated, the 3rd best guy on the AH secondary last season and all of that but people forget

Kid is not gonna tell us the real reason they are not recruiting him if it reflects bad on him. If he is a 5 star talent and we are NOT recruiting him, then maybe there is a good reason eg. Criminal record, grades, other issues or maybe he let it be know to his coach he want to leave Miami.

he got upset at the camp because they measured him shorter than he thought, and also the field condition was bad in his opinion

Advertisement
He got mad so we aren't offering? There are issues with this kid, like there are for others Miami doesn't offer and we may never know what the real reason is.

Advertisement
Mark it down if we do not jump on T.McFadden quick it will affect us, I said the same about quincy and everyone bashed and negged me, lets be honest, McFadden and Quincy may not be the best but boy they have plenty of potential and size that you can not teach even though Its not all about size. If we really want Gibson than lets not put an negative influence around him by not recruiting his teammate. What would it hurt to try to get him and two other south florida corners.

Last edited:
keep your friends close and your enemies closer…. AL ARE YOU LISTENING? Offer the kid and play nice!

reading some of yalls posts shows why yall are just fans...

the same posters demanding why he isnt getting recruited are the same ones complaining why we dont sign 300 s.florida kids a year..

Don't kid yourselves. The reason he hasn't been offered has nothing to do with twitter. Golden's gotta win football games. If a kid is a certified stud then he's getting an offer regardless of some bull**** he said on twitter.

Advertisement
Back