Good News - Mindset (Diaz Presser 9.1)

johnnytsunami01

Sophomore
Watching Manny's press conference today from the beginning he is talking about how he is happy with the win, but that the team and the coaching staff are not happy with how they played. He even went into details about how the defense was just not good any way you look at it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in previous years if our defense or offense didn't play well, but we won it was all smiles and just saying "well so and so opponent played well, I'm so proud of how we fought. It isn't easy to win in the ACC, blah blah blah..."

I think these guys are realizing we should not be measuring ourselves with the middle of the pack ACC teams and that if we want to even compete with Clemson that we need to be lights out in all aspects. I feel this is what is going to make the difference between maintaining dominance throughout the year compared to '17 when we got success and then lost 3 straight.

Here are the press conferences:

Advertisement
He’s learning for sure. One thing we can say is he is not as stubborn as Randy or Golden or Richt. He is flexible and willing to do what it takes to win. There are some things I hope he scraps after season. Notably Rumph, delayed safety blitzes, and lack of press coverage when needed.

Come on out, mopes. Why wait for a loss when you can do it right now. #FireManny, right?

FoH.
Well, since we didn't lose to a GT team who had lost to the Citadel, or lose to a VT squad after throwing 16 interceptions, or lose to FIU, or lose a game after allowing a 1st down on 4th and 17.....no the mopes aren't out.

I've been critical, but I'm happy with the trajectory of the team so far this season. I'm glad to hear the staff's comments about our play this past weekend, but I'm even more happy after the win.

With the way ND is playing and as horrible as there schedule is, Manny knows hes got MAYBE 2 loss window to finish in the top 2 and get to Charlotte. (Might just have one loss window) Time to get the team mentally ready to have to fight every week and not take any plays off. I like it.

Advertisement
Watching Manny's press conference today from the beginning he is talking about how he is happy with the win, but that the team and the coaching staff are not happy with how they played. He even went into details about how the defense was just not good any way you look at it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in previous years if our defense or offense didn't play well, but we won it was all smiles and just saying "well so and so opponent played well, I'm so proud of how we fought. It isn't easy to win in the ACC, blah blah blah..."

I think these guys are realizing we should not be measuring ourselves with the middle of the pack ACC teams and that if we want to even compete with Clemson that we need to be lights out in all aspects. I feel this is what is going to make the difference between maintaining dominance throughout the year compared to '17 when we got success and then lost 3 straight.

Other than Enos being the ultimate Negger McMoperson and completely losing the locker room... it’s good to see outward manifestations of accountability and the drive to get better even after what should be considered a good/big win.

Good to see they’re not afraid to acknowledge issues. Next is Fixing the problems.

Love SMD with a beard! Just looks different! :LOL::rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

Advertisement
With the way ND is playing and as horrible as there schedule is, Manny knows hes got MAYBE 2 loss window to finish in the top 2 and get to Charlotte. (Might just have one loss window) Time to get the team mentally ready to have to fight every week and not take any plays off. I like it.

I think it’s a one loss window. For all the teams.

I don’t think we will see a 2 loss team play in Charlotte this season.

They're rooting for a loss so bad so they can slither out of their mee-maw basement and talk ****

I don't think anyone is rooting for a loss. I think their expectations are the opposite, maybe very unrealistic... they want the team to play like a seasoned championship team .... which is improbable considering we are coming off a 7-6 season.

I don't think anyone is rooting for a loss. I think their expectations are the opposite, maybe very unrealistic... they want the team to play like a seasoned championship team .... which is improbable considering we are coming off a 7-6 season.

No we definitely have posters who root for losses. Thats when they show up othrtwise they never post.

The hope that I have with Manny is two-fold: he's a smart guy; and he's shown a willingness to change things that aren't working quickly.

Smart guys who are willing to fix **** have a chance to be great. Let's hope he self-scouts his own D and makes some honest assessment like he did with the O after last season.

Advertisement
The hope that I have with Manny is two-fold: he's a smart guy; and he's shown a willingness to change things that aren't working quickly.

Smart guys who are willing to fix **** have a chance to be great. Let's hope he self-scouts his own D and makes some honest assessment like he did with the O after last season.
If rump patke and baker are shown the door and replaced with good guys this is a great staff top to bottom. Who those replacements could be I don’t know

I think it was easy for him to look at the offense and make wholesale changes. No personal feelings involved there. Let's see if he can correct the D despite having his guys there.

Advertisement
no disrespect OP but I put a lot of effort into establishing a style guide for presser posts and you really made it all about yourself smh like cmon man it ain’t hard to do this right we want the team to be on point 100 per cent and we gotta fall back on our training it’s covid season for everyone smh just bold and all cap the font with the proper christian spelling of the player or coaches first name is all I ask by god I’m a soldier I put my heart into this ish dog don’t be scared baby big time posters big time posts smh !!!

Advertisement
Back