Golden's end of the year presser

Since continuity is so great for the program we should have kept Shannon right?

The continuity excuse is old and tired. **** outta here with that BS. Michigan did fine this year with all the "continuity" they had.

What the **** you talking about continuity with Shannon? We had 3 OCs and what? 3 DCs? There was no continuity with that era.

Advertisement
Some highlights via twitter
- Told his wife when he took job he wanted to be first long term coach here
and i can believe he is 100% honest when he says that

like his choice for sideline attire.........the "long term" thing was largely influenced by coaches earlier on

our HS coach lou montanaro was the HC at red bank catholic for about 30 years.......then obviously joe pud.......and his firt college coaching job was under george welsh who was at UVA for almost 2 decades

im also pretty sure that he picked up a thing or two while getting a masters in sports psychology about how an athletes perception of stability will affect their performance

- Believes from what he knows the worst is past us in regards to sanctions
problem with this is "what he knows"...........he also claimed to not know "how big" the investigation was or was going to be when he took the job.......so that statement doesnt necessarily warm me up much

-Would like offense to run 72 plays a game. Averaged 61.4 this year
sad thing is that had the OL not fallen apart like a straw hut in a category 5 hurricane the last month of the season.........we were probably on pace to average closer to 70 play a game

- Zone defense was bc of personel and expects it to change with talent infusion
which we all knew........we still managed to finish 43rd in total defense......21st in scoring defense.......when you consider we played with no corners to speak of all year......which is why we could intercept a ******* pass........we also had nothing that resembled a real pass rush all year.......had no depth at LB or DT.......and were forced to rely on as many young.......inexperienced......undersized kids as we did........thats actually not half bad

- There are too many times when you look on the field, we're getting pushed around and we need to get that fixed
agreed........that tends to happen when you have to rely on either younger under developed kids......or kids who simply arent very talented in areas where strength and physicality are required for success

Does not expect any changes with the coaching staff
i dont know that i like this......but i certainly understand it

i hated the choices of bringing keyquote back and keeping swasey.......but i think to fire them after one season sends a bad message.......i also think that right now the perception of continuity and stability is necessary for recruiting

Made a lot of progress on conditioning. Still have a long way to go
the improvement was noticeable.....but we have a very long way to go

-Not enough depth. Got worn down at the end
again........pretty easy to see

in areas like the DL where we were playing with no depth and playing young kids who played more and got beat up more than at any point in their lives........its understandable

in other areas like the OL.......which was expected to be our strongest and one of the more experienced and healthy units........its unacceptable

-I believe in coach Swasey.
i dont

He's one of the best.
best at what?

his brother used to cut vindoggs lawn..........maybe he would one of the best with a weed whacker or leaf blower......but IMO.......as a S&C coach.......hes been an overrated waste of skin for many years

We need to change the culture
again.......i agree

-Wants a big fast strong team. Cant run out 208 pound linebackers
big.......fast and strong is great.......and if the team is all of the above.......the size of a LB wont matter

rohan marley was tiny.......but was a brick **** house who hit a ton

-Team had a lot to overcome at cornerback.
agreed.......our best corner was mcgee.......and hes awful

But 6 ints is not acceptable
even this sorry *** group of *** balls should have had more than that

-I think this is the craziest year on record
ok.....whatever

-6-6 is not good enough.
glad to see hes at least recognized that.........shantard didnt

I'm here 18 hours a day
shantard probably was too.........i just hope hes actually working and not playing xbox........he also needs to have his staff there for 16 of those hours

-Spring game is scheduled for april 14th
ok

-Confident Ojomo will be back
did anybody ACTUALLY expect him to not be?

unless he was planning on leaving early to enter the arena league or BK fry master drafts.........hes gotta come back

- "we cant ***** up this recruiting class"
indeed.......especially with the possibility of reduced schollies for next year still hanging overhead

- Singled out eddie johnson, Gionno Paul, Corey King & Dallas Crawford on scout team
isnt being a greentree AA as a true freshman a way to get you crowned on grassy?

honestly i couldnt care less about them busting their asses on the ******* scout team.......if they are useless when they actually see the field......it means less than a PhD from upstairs medical college

- "Thanks guys, gotta go recruit"
one of the positives of skipping a bowl is more recruiting time

W/r/t coaching changes, I'm not saying he isn't keeping Kehoe around, but if he weren't, I don't think his end of season presser would sound any differently.

Let's see what happens.
This. He hedged on that answer. He definitely did not say no changes. People need to focus on his words. He talks like a lawyer.

W/r/t coaching changes, I'm not saying he isn't keeping Kehoe around, but if he weren't, I don't think his end of season presser would sound any differently.

Let's see what happens.
This. He hedged on that answer. He definitely did not say no changes. People need to focus on his words. He talks like a lawyer.

Hopefully your right, it would have been an odd time to come out and say you are firing an assistant coach, but at the same time the vote of confidence for Swasey is puzzling considering the number of times he has mentioned that this team is weak.

I'm not sold on the golden one just yet. I laff at all the positive spins posters put on the apparent negatives. Call me out for defending coach btw is a cane and most of ya front runners tend to overlook that tidbit. The golden came in with a solid reputation because of the massive pr machine he is. Look deep into his tenure at temple and it's not all you make it out to be. Come next year around this time I expect a championship, at lest he very least the coastal. Anything less than that and it's hyprocritical to defend these gokden goose and throw randy off of momma's train

Advertisement
Some highlights via twitter
- Told his wife when he took job he wanted to be first long term coach here
and i can believe he is 100% honest when he says that

like his choice for sideline attire.........the "long term" thing was largely influenced by coaches earlier on

our HS coach lou montanaro was the HC at red bank catholic for about 30 years.......then obviously joe pud.......and his firt college coaching job was under george welsh who was at UVA for almost 2 decades

im also pretty sure that he picked up a thing or two while getting a masters in sports psychology about how an athletes perception of stability will affect their performance

- Believes from what he knows the worst is past us in regards to sanctions
problem with this is "what he knows"...........he also claimed to not know "how big" the investigation was or was going to be when he took the job.......so that statement doesnt necessarily warm me up much

-Would like offense to run 72 plays a game. Averaged 61.4 this year
sad thing is that had the OL not fallen apart like a straw hut in a category 5 hurricane the last month of the season.........we were probably on pace to average closer to 70 play a game

- Zone defense was bc of personel and expects it to change with talent infusion
which we all knew........we still managed to finish 43rd in total defense......21st in scoring defense.......when you consider we played with no corners to speak of all year......which is why we could intercept a ******* pass........we also had nothing that resembled a real pass rush all year.......had no depth at LB or DT.......and were forced to rely on as many young.......inexperienced......undersized kids as we did........thats actually not half bad

- There are too many times when you look on the field, we're getting pushed around and we need to get that fixed
agreed........that tends to happen when you have to rely on either younger under developed kids......or kids who simply arent very talented in areas where strength and physicality are required for success

Does not expect any changes with the coaching staff
i dont know that i like this......but i certainly understand it

i hated the choices of bringing keyquote back and keeping swasey.......but i think to fire them after one season sends a bad message.......i also think that right now the perception of continuity and stability is necessary for recruiting

Made a lot of progress on conditioning. Still have a long way to go
the improvement was noticeable.....but we have a very long way to go

-Not enough depth. Got worn down at the end
again........pretty easy to see

in areas like the DL where we were playing with no depth and playing young kids who played more and got beat up more than at any point in their lives........its understandable

in other areas like the OL.......which was expected to be our strongest and one of the more experienced and healthy units........its unacceptable

-I believe in coach Swasey.
i dont

He's one of the best.
best at what?

his brother used to cut vindoggs lawn..........maybe he would one of the best with a weed whacker or leaf blower......but IMO.......as a S&C coach.......hes been an overrated waste of skin for many years

We need to change the culture
again.......i agree

-Wants a big fast strong team. Cant run out 208 pound linebackers
big.......fast and strong is great.......and if the team is all of the above.......the size of a LB wont matter

rohan marley was tiny.......but was a brick **** house who hit a ton

-Team had a lot to overcome at cornerback.
agreed.......our best corner was mcgee.......and hes awful

But 6 ints is not acceptable
even this sorry *** group of *** balls should have had more than that

-I think this is the craziest year on record
ok.....whatever

-6-6 is not good enough.
glad to see hes at least recognized that.........shantard didnt

I'm here 18 hours a day
shantard probably was too.........i just hope hes actually working and not playing xbox........he also needs to have his staff there for 16 of those hours

-Spring game is scheduled for april 14th
ok

-Confident Ojomo will be back
did anybody ACTUALLY expect him to not be?

unless he was planning on leaving early to enter the arena league or BK fry master drafts.........hes gotta come back

- "we cant ***** up this recruiting class"
indeed.......especially with the possibility of reduced schollies for next year still hanging overhead

- Singled out eddie johnson, Gionno Paul, Corey King & Dallas Crawford on scout team

isnt being a greentree AA as a true freshman a way to get you crowned on grassy?

honestly i couldnt care less about them busting their asses on the ******* scout team.......if they are useless when they actually see the field......it means less than a PhD from upstairs medical college
- "Thanks guys, gotta go recruit"
one of the positives of skipping a bowl is more recruiting time

He said that bout the scout team boys because he was asked the question

Since continuity is so great for the program we should have kept Shannon right?

The continuity excuse is old and tired. **** outta here with that BS. Michigan did fine this year with all the "continuity" they had.

Silly examples.

This senior class has had 2 head coaches
3 defensive coordinators
3 offensive coordinators
2 different WR and DB coaches
3 different DL coaches

Keep your panties on and let AG coach AKehoe up.
and if he's got no problem with Swasey. . .

Advertisement
Back