Golden using same strategy as 2012 Class

CaneSB

Freshman
Loading up early on a ton of South Florida kids and then will utilize them in January to help close/flip remaining top targets. Between, Cook, Lane, and Michel, I think one of the three ends up at the U.

Keep in mind, a lot of people (including myself) have a sour taste in out mouths with the way last recruiting season ended. it was an anomaly. Keith Bryant, Matt Thomas, alex Collins, Denver Kirkland were all unique situations that obviously had a ton of drama. Collins and mother/coach legal battle, Matt Thomas trying to get out of FSu commit, Denver Kirklands supposed double silents, and Keith Bryant, the ultimate troll. Factor in the NCAA issue and it was a perfect storm for a terrible close.

But if you look at Goldens record, in January 2012 he closed McCord, Bush, and Howard. Bush was the only one at the time who we thought we had a real chance with and the word out was he was Bama/Auburn bound. Even last year, despite the players above, he landed Coley, Derrick Griffin, and AQM in January.

My prediction is we land Dixon, Berrios, and Moten in the coming months. And then we close out with 1 of Cook,Lane,Michel, and 1/2 unknowns.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back