Golden`s Affect

954canelife

The Bj Wilkes Show
Me and my dad had a good conversation about how long will the Golden mentality stick around?

We have a couple kids that are not Miami kids talent wise but we cant let them go because obviously they are on scholarship and I don`t believe in taking those back.

We know scheme plays a big part but how fast does it take mentality to change?

Advertisement
Me and my dad had a good conversation about how long will the Golden mentality stick around?

We have a couple kids that are not Miami kids talent wise but we cant let them go because obviously they are on scholarship and I don`t believe in taking those back.

A good coach changes it immediately. If you ever hear a fan say "he needs time to change the culture", the fan is clueless.

Just stop bringing him up would help here on this board...
Let the players buy into what Richt wants to do

The culture changed the day Golden was fired and changed again the day Richt was hired. Problems with the team, be it scheme, physical conditioning, or mental errors are not going to disappear over night. Richt will demand specific attitudes and behaviors from the team. Players that don't adjust will leave.

Ask Harbaugh at Michigan or Urban at Ohst to see how long it takes to change the culture.

about 1 day i'd say

Advertisement
Look at jim harbaugh and how quick the standard changed. Players see the writing on the wall if they cant hack it and will seek transfer. Thats the true blessing, in that if the new staff imposes their expectation of discipline and toughness, it will force the weak out.. much like an infection pussing out of the body, through the skin.

We can't let them go because you don't believe in taking back scholarships?

You don't get to decide. And there are many ways to chase off non-contributers and/or guys who won't get with the program without pulling their scholarships. It happens everywhere.

Advertisement
most of these kids were glad golden was gone by the time it was over.

This team had quit on Golden a while ago. I think they're looking for a leader and I think Richt will show that to them real quick. It won't take long to wash the stench of Golden away.

Enlist in the military. I guarantee their culture will be enforced rather quickly.

Advertisement

A good coach changes it immediately. If you ever hear a fan say "he needs time to change the culture", the fan is clueless.

Even Saban needed a year

A good coach should be able to change the culture immediately.

How long will it take until he fully instills his principles?

I would guess a season max

Swamp donkey turned it around in one year at UF. It wasn't that pretty but he won 10 games and played for the $EC championship one year after Muffcramp.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back