Golden on another job(if you don't know now you know)

bbcane

Senior
### Though he will be rumored for several jobs, Al Golden sounds genuine when he says: “The thing people don’t understand and accept is I want to be here for a really long time. We’re destined for great things here. I like the people, diversity, climate, urban setting, [proximity] to the Keys. My kids enjoy it. My wife is happy. Miami fits who we are.” He’s signed through Feb. 1, 2020.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
The stupid *** Miami media insists on asking him moronic questions week after week. Inferiority complex to a T.

Advertisement
There aren't any jobs currently open that are better than Miami. Knoxville? Fayetteville? Lexington? Heck, throw in Auburn. Those places may have more money, but non can offer the total package that UM can offer. And why would Golden wanna start over when he appears to be on the cusp of achieving some great things at UM?...

80.gif

Nothing is going to be more difficult at Miami than what he's already seen. Things are only going to get much, much better. Would be a waste to quit now, unless some truly amazing opportunity came about.

Advertisement
He aint going anywhere he has to much invested here for one and two once he gets this fixed, he knows how dominate he could be.

He aint going anywhere he has to much invested here for one and two once he gets this fixed, he knows how dominate he could be.

that's what makes the most sense.. why invest all that time an effort to bail when his teams are about to get better and better.

Advertisement
I like that golden referenced liking exactly what Miami (and the rest of South Florida) is in a nutshell. Kinda like Jimmy. He may not have been from Miami, but when he got here it had exactly what he was looking for. Now, I'm not naive enough to think that he won't leave if the NFL comes calling, but it seems like he genuinely likes what makes Miami Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back