Golden **** blocked South Fla

5Ringz

Thunderdome
FSU has one commit from Dade/Broward - Rico Louis (Beat out Auburn for this one wink wink)

UF has Willie Bailey and Bryan Cox Jr LULz

Golden has literally LOCKED DOWN THE STATE OF MIAMI

The only recruits that we "missed out on" are

AJ Legget - Dude cant even get into West Va. Marshall bound and will be academically ineligible his first season

Keith Bown - He is being a **** good big brother and got his lil bro a full ride thru college. Cant say I wouldnt do the same

James Burgess - Kid has heart but come on he is 190 pounds. Like him but **** we need to get away from undersized LBers.

Amari Cooper - Kid wants to play for the National Champs. Tough one man we have to start winning

Tracey Howard - TBA

Avery Young - TBA (Keep in mind this kid isnt originally from South Florida)

If Golden pulls Howard then the fence is up around the state of Miami.

"IF YOU SAY YOU'RE FROM MIAMI THEN YOU GO TO MIAMI"

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would not say he raped So. Florida, rather he kept others from coming to So. Florida and raping us of recruits.

I agree he pretty much locked the area down. If we get Tracy thats a game changer. Woulda been nice to get Amari like you said..Leggett was all Cane if he could have gotten in. The next 2 years we need it locked down...with all the WR studs and LB studs next year...and 2014 class Sony is a must

Advertisement
Put it this way...he's got the right idea of how to recruit at Miami. He still needs to land SoFla big fish, the ones that otherwise get away...but I think winning will cure that, but otherwise, I think this man has the right idea of how to recruit at Miami. Of what will be a ~32 player class, we currently have committed 14 players from MD/BC/WBP and 24 players from Florida, and 29 total players from the Southeast. (the remaining 2 are a top Texas signal caller and a camp invitee from the northeast that earned a 'ship at a camp).

That's how you do it.

With that said, I wouldn't say he "locked down" SoFla...you still have top players like Howard (pending), Cooper, K. Brown, Avery Young (pending), AJ Leggett, Jessaman Dunker, Ricardo Louis, Patrick Miller, Willie Bailey, Avery Johnson, and Justin Ferguson leaving the area...and all are Top 20 guys in the tri-county area and are going to high level BCS schools for the most part (sans Leggett and Brown).

Need to bring in the reigns and reduce that number a bit...but I think Golden has the right idea and once we start winning, that number above st arts dwindling down.

Last edited:
Put it this way...he's got the right idea of how to recruit at Miami. He still needs to land SoFla big fish, the ones that otherwise get away...but I think winning will cure that, but otherwise, I think this man has the right idea of how to recruit at Miami. Of what will be a ~32 player class, we currently have committed 14 players from MD/BC/WBP and 24 players from Florida, and 29 total players from the Southeast. (the remaining 2 are a top Texas signal caller and a camp invitee from the northeast that earned a 'ship at a camp).

That's how you do it.

With that said, I wouldn't say he "locked down" SoFla...you still have top players like Howard (pending), Cooper, K. Brown, Avery Young (pending), AJ Leggett, Jessaman Dunker, Ricardo Louis, Patrick Miller, Willie Bailey, Avery Johnson, and Justin Ferguson leaving the area...and all are Top 20 guys in the tri-county area and are going to high level BCS schools for the most part (sans Leggett and Brown).

Need to bring in the reigns and reduce that number a bit...but I think Golden has the right idea and once we start winning, that number above st arts dwindling down.

I agree Larry, but I will say this in support of Ringz - compared to the previous regime, this is a friggin lock down.

You're gonna lose some I mean some of these kids grow up loving teams other than Miami..........especially in the Palm Beach area.

But Dade is locked. And Broward is locked if we get Tracey. For this year anyway.

Im just saying. Before we would lose ALL OF THEM. This year its just a few scragglers. And this with a 6-6 season.

That's how you do it.

I agree Larry, but I will say this in support of Ringz - compared to the previous regime, this is a friggin lock down.

We had no where to go but up from the ShanCoker years.

Advertisement
Golden did a great job in SFL. Bailey was a loss though. We were recruiting him even after his decommitment. Other than that, pretty admirable considering the circumstances.

Not just South Florida, but he's making roads in Tampa too. I expect more out of Orlando next year.

Willie Bailey was committed to us...... then he got a Gator offer. Nothing you can do about that kid loves the Gators

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back