Get with the program ACC!

Advertisement
It would be great to see the ACC lead on something like this for once.
Apparently they were since Miami has been doing it for a week and the SEC just OK'd it Friday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wheeew. This was fun! What else can we talk about during the lockdown?
Not a facking thing, Canedog. It sucks. Only good thing, when things get back to normal, we may see summer practices for Miami and then Fall camp right after! That would be alright in my book. Hope we see football this year.

Advertisement
It’s funny you think it needed to be a public rule for this to happen.

I bet you believe coaches don’t recruit during dead seasons 😂
We obviously don't or I should say we haven't by looks of the product we have put on the field lately. Except for ND 2017.

Why do you assume they aren't? Because it hasn't been made public? We don't know everything all of the time.... And by the way, SEC only started this AFTER other schools were public as doing it first...
Just assumed that no activities meant NO ACTIVITIES. I guess I was wrong. I hope we are doing something.

Apparently they were since Miami has been doing it for a week and the SEC just OK'd it Friday.
****, that's good enough for me. Call it a season and make the frigging rings. We win. Come on, Manny would be good at that.

Advertisement
Saw this on the Clemson board today -

Last week, Dabo Swinney lamented that the ACC was preventing "football instruction" from taking place in virtual meetings. No playbook/install/teaching has been permitted. Instead, coaches must send "non-required" material for players to learn at their own pace and on their own time.

The Big 12 and SEC had adopted similar rules as well. But on Friday, SEC teams gained clarity (and the instruction ban has been lifted as well).

The SEC continues to prohibit in-person meetings but is allowing some instruction (two hours per week) via digital meetings. Inclusion of recruits in the meetings with current student-athletes is prohibited. And coaches may not review a student-athlete working out or practicing live, though it is commonly known that schools are reviewing workout videos posted by athletes, including those on social media.

Here is more on SEC policies:

1. All required physical athletic activities (e.g., strength and conditioning workouts, sport- specific workouts) shall be prohibited. This prohibition includes both in-person involvement, and any virtual involvement by institutional staff such as remotely watching, directing, or reviewing physical workouts.

2. Required virtual film review, chalk talk, etc. that does not include physical activity shall be permissible. Any required activity of this nature shall be limited to two (2) hours of activity per week in all sports, shall be scheduled in accordance with the institution’s established Time Management Policy, and shall not interfere with required class time for online instruction. These activities may not include a review by or live monitoring of film/video of a student-athlete engaging in workouts or physical activity occurring after March 13, 2020. Institutions may not suggest or require a student-athlete to make film/video of his/her workouts or physical activity available by other means (such as social media).

3. Only countable coaching staff members may be involved in providing technical or tactical instruction to student-athletes as part of such virtual activity.

4. Student-athletes may continue to be provided strength and conditioning workouts and/or sport-specific drills; however, coaches and other athletics staff may not observe the activity (virtually or in-person). Student-athletes may not be required to workouts and/or drills, nor may they be required to report back on such activity to any athletics staff member

6. These modifications shall be effective as of 12:00 pm Central/1:00 pm Eastern on Monday, March 30.

7. Further assessment of off-season and/or summer activities will occur in the coming weeks.

Teams may continue to “provide student-athletes with care and support in the areas of academics; medical care; mental health and wellness; and housing, as needed.” Consistent with normal practice, violations of this SEC policy are to be reported to the SEC office and will be subject to penalties at the discretion of the Commissioner.

Advertisement
Back