Georgia Tech Game is Depressing

miamiphd

Sophomore
I am certainly happy to see an ACC team kicking the butt off of a SEC team that was briefly #1. Yet, I can't help feeling disgusted by how poorly the Canes have played all season, including their dismal performance against a mediocre South Carolina in the Duck Bowl. Brent M. had the nerve to say that Ga Tech has a great recruiting base around Atlanta, and then later stated how they were recruiting in S. Florida. No team has a better recruiting base than UM. It's UM that should dominate S. Florida and then cherry pick talent from Atlanta and other areas. During the TCU rout of Mississippi, the announcer actually had the nerve to mention that they were demonstrating their "swag." The Canes invented swag. Doesn't anyone at UM care? There are coaches available to replace Golden. Great coaches, with big names, some from the NFL. Butch Davis right off the bat. Ryan from the NFL. If a public school in a depressed state like Michigan can give millions to Harbaugh, UM should be able to make a decent offer to a decent coach. Don't the administrators at UM have any pride? Well, I know the answer to that. They are keeping Golden. They don't even have the courage to demand that he make changes in his staff. I am thoroughly disgusted.

Advertisement
Michigan can give millions to Harbaugh because of the $200 million gift from our horrible absentee owner of the Miami Dolphins. Who's ******* side are the these people on who control our favorite football programs??!!

Yeah we know. We are all right there with you brother. I don't have the desire to try to articulate the magnitude of incompetence we are witnessing. This situation is so disgustingly pathetic it's downright surreal.

What we all need to do is control what we can control. That could be cutting of your yearly donation then telling why. It could be using social media to spread the word. It could be sending emails to local and national sports news outlets thus raising awareness of our boycott of UM football. It could be calling into as many radio sports talk shows as you can.

The bottom line is we need a concerted effort to choke off the money stream going to the university or athletic department. Don't buy tickets, merchandise or anything else that puts our hard earned money into the hands of these despicable bureaucrats who have had a hand in destroying our beloved program as well as those who sat idly by while UM Football was dying.

If this quisling Al Golden remains head coach then there should be no one at the spring game and Sun Life should be a near empty stadium during the season. No road game of get togethers, nothing.

We need all hands on deck gentlemen. Together we can make this administration the absolute laughing stock of college football. They think we are bluffing. I would love to see the looks on the faces of the BOT, Flake and the whole rotten lot of them when their incompetence and our reaction to it becomes the lead story on every sports news show on cable. #Iftheydontcare/wedontcare.

Advertisement
Yeah we know. We are all right there with you brother. I don't have the desire to try to articulate the magnitude of incompetence we are witnessing. This situation is so disgustingly pathetic it's downright surreal.

What we all need to do is control what we can control. That could be cutting of your yearly donation then telling why. It could be using social media to spread the word. It could be sending emails to local and national sports news outlets thus raising awareness of our boycott of UM football. It could be calling into as many radio sports talk shows as you can.

The bottom line is we need a concerted effort to choke off the money stream going to the university or athletic department. Don't buy tickets, merchandise or anything else that puts our hard earned money into the hands of these despicable bureaucrats who have had a hand in destroying our beloved program as well as those who sat idly by while UM Football was dying.

If this quisling Al Golden remains head coach then there should be no one at the spring game and Sun Life should be a near empty stadium during the season. No road game get togethers, nothing.

We need all hands on deck gentlemen. Together we can make this administration the absolute laughing stock of college football. They think we are bluffing. I would love to see the looks on the faces of the BOT, Flake and the whole rotten lot of them when their incompetence and our reaction to it becomes the lead story on every sports news show on cable. #Iftheydontcare/wedontcare.yr

Last edited:
A lot of long posts here.... Not sure of this has been said , but: the SEC blows donkey nuts.

Not depressing to me. That's a mesmerizing offense when the quarterback is talented, opening up all the permutations. I tried to point out numerous times that we were bragging about stopping a Georgia Tech offense with the likes of Vad Lee and Tevin Washington at quarterback, that it was like defining the Canes offense as directed by Kyle Wright or Kirby Freeman. Now that Johnson can use all the nuances like counter steps and multiple angles of attack from the B back, they are very dangerous as long as Justin Thomas is eligible and healthy.

Johnson does do a fantastic job at in-game adjustment. He slanted the B back exchange tonight more dramatically than anything I remember since his days at Navy. Initially Mississippi State was pouncing on the rocket toss with their corners, and holding up well to the straight ahead B back. Once Johnson weaved the B back toward the defensive end, and feigned the rocket toss several times before rolling Thomas the other way, it was amazing how everything opened up. Mississippi State became flatfooted and hesitant.

I didn't expect an outcome like that. In fact, I didn't take the points. Always annoying when Georgia Tech covers and I'm not involved.

Canes should have been playing in the OB classic this year. Depressing to me as well. Where is the pride @ UM? Shame on them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back