Garbage James

D

deleted8647

Glad the second coming of “Sean Taylor” slipped in the draft scouts saw what a joke he is and that the kid is all HYPE. Can’t compare anyone to ST26 once in a lifetime talent.

Advertisement
It's crazy that for a guy who played in the league for 3 yrs (I think) and passed away more than a decade ago, ST is still the measuring stick for safetys coming out.

And that boy ain't no ST

Advertisement
I am shocked and glad the Bucs passed on him.

I also found it funny when they put up his career stats. I thought to myself how that is a really great game state, then realized it was his entire career.

Even after our past dismal decade,

Noles still compare themselves to Canes.

I’ve never heard a Cane player compared to a former Nole.

Advertisement
El Matador James is one of the most overhyped players in recent memory, if not ever. FreeShoesU players seem to fall in this very category pretty often actually.

Remember that last play against the Noles when James was like "But but but...I thought it was going to be Chris Herndon!"

1524843194459.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
El Matador James is one of the most overhyped players in recent memory, if not ever. FreeShoesU players seem to fall in this very category pretty often actually.

Don't call him a matador. You're displaying your ignorance and stupidity. The Matador, George Mira, was one of the greatest and most exciting players in UM history, if not in all of college football for his era, the 1960's. You obviously did not have the privilege and opportunity to see George excite us game after game in the early '60's. He was unique, nonpareil. They called him The Matador because he was so adept at evading pass rushers with his quick and marvelous feet that he reminded people of matadors in a bullring avoiding being gored by a savage bull. This was also consistent with his Spanish heritage -- he was from a long line descended from Spaniards who settled Key West.

I'm not talking about the 1980's LB, George Mira, Jr, but his father, who is a UM legend. One of the greatest and most exciting ever. I find it disgusting that people would use the term "matador" as a pejorative when it has a very special meaning in UM football history. Hence, my taking the name as my handle on this board.

It will be even better if Jenkins get more burn than him. And this ***** nole can't hold a candle to ST26.

Dumbest pick ever. From what I saw in college, RJ was more consistent/ just a better BALL Player.

The chargers have good safeties. Trey Boston, and Jahleel Adai. If RJ couldn't unseat these two seasoned vets, then naw.

Don't call him a matador. You're displaying your ignorance and stupidity. The Matador, George Mira, was one of the greatest and most exciting players in UM history, if not in all of college football for his era, the 1960's. You obviously did not have the privilege and opportunity to see George excite us game after game in the early '60's. He was unique, nonpareil. They called him The Matador because he was so adept at evading pass rushers with his quick and marvelous feet that he reminded people of matadors in a bullring avoiding being gored by a savage bull. This was also consistent with his Spanish heritage -- he was from a long line descended from Spaniards who settled Key West.

I'm not talking about the 1980's LB, George Mira, Jr, but his father, who is a UM legend. One of the greatest and most exciting ever. I find it disgusting that people would use the term "matador" as a pejorative when it has a very special meaning in UM football history. Hence, my taking the name as my handle on this board.

No disrespect intended homie. I only used the term to describe how he avoids tackles, that's all. You can chill with all the "extra". Don't get your panties in a wad.

Advertisement

I had a feeling you would make your voice heard when I saw that "matador" verbiage as well.

Mira Sr. was before even my time but have heard many stories of his exploits.

Grew up in Key West with the Mira’s.They are the reason I became a Cane fan.George threw the ball so hard guys had trouble catching it.It was one of his biggest drawbacks.
His brother Joe also was a Cane QB.
Yea George is the TRUE Matador.Please don’t even mention this overhyped piece of garbage in the same sentence with this Cane great.

Advertisement
Back