Games of the Week in CFB - Week 1

A few games that should be good.

Oklahoma vs Houston - oooooo weeee this should be the game of the week. I got Herman Da Gawww out coaching Big Game Bob. What Houston did to FSU last year was just a preview.

UGA vs UNC - I fully expect Kirby to get blown out in this one and begin a very mediocre career at UGA.

USC vs Bama - I highly doubt it but I hope USC pulls out the shocker. Still can't believe they didn't hire Petersen instead of their dumb *** previous coach (name slips my mind).

Clemson vs Auburn - This has an upset alert all over it. Don't be surprised if Gus has a turnaround year.

and because we are on a Canes site

Canes vs FAMU - Canes with a big win that gets us ranked in the top 25

I got:
Canes over FAMU by 45
Houston over Oklahoma by 10
UGA over UNC by 7
Bama over USC by 24
Clemson over Auburn by 21
What do you think of Texas vs ND. Forgot it in my initial post but should be a good game. Solid predictions. For some reason I got auburn beating Clemson.

Man that's a tough one because of my personal hatred for ND. Gonna say ND over Texas by 10. Also have Ole Miss over FSU BY 7. Two good defenses. One team has a QB, the other doesn't. Guess we'll see.

Advertisement
The teams from last year who did good are not going to just plug and play. UNC is not going to just plug a new QB and be the same. They will struggle I feel, they had like the perfect season. Clemson probably will be just as good on O.....they will struggle on defense. They lost some great players and we have seen them struggle seasons before on that side. OU, definitely see them losing to Houston. Herman is a smart guy. OU lost alot on defense. Can't see USC beating Bama. They kill drop back QB offenses.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

The teams from last year who did good are not going to just plug and play. UNC is not going to just plug a new QB and be the same. They will struggle I feel, they had like the perfect season. Clemson probably will be just as good on O.....they will struggle on defense. They lost some great players and we have seen them struggle seasons before on that side. OU, definitely see them losing to Houston. Herman is a smart guy. OU lost alot on defense. Can't see USC beating Bama. They kill drop back QB offenses.

According to UNC fans their new QB is better than their guy from last year. We will see.

USC should try and run lots of spread if possible. I don't remember the last time a drop back led offense beat bama. Beating them like that is almost impossible.

On a side note, FSU's starting center looks to be out against Ole Miss with concussion like symptoms. Hoefield is the starter now. If you remember he's AWFUL! They pulled him against us last year and brought in a guard who was much better.

UNC is replacing a guy at QB who threw for over 3000 yards with 24 TDs, and rushed for 950 yards and 14 TDs. Their fans should probably pump the breaks a bit when saying Trubisky is an upgrade this year. He's got a load of potential, but we'll see what happens.

Advertisement

Oklahoma vs Houston - oooooo weeee this should be the game of the week. I got Herman Da Gawww out coaching Big Game Bob. What Houston did to FSU last year was just a preview.

UGA vs UNC - I fully expect Kirby to get blown out in this one and begin a very mediocre career at UGA.

USC vs Bama - I highly doubt it but I hope USC pulls out the shocker. Still can't believe they didn't hire Petersen instead of their dumb *** previous coach (name slips my mind).

Clemson vs Auburn - This has an upset alert all over it. Don't be surprised if Gus has a turnaround year.

Will be at Dome to watch Dawgs and NC. Think you are all wrong on that one, Chubb and Michel will shred that Carolina defense for about 300 yards.
**** that's a good point. They do have a really good Oline coach so that wouldn't surprise me. I do think UNCs offense will be too much but maybe I definitely forgot about their run game.

Guess depends on how well NC new QB plays.

Clemson Oline looks meh! Ranked 75th for returning starters............not good for road game under the lights!

UNC is replacing a guy at QB who threw for over 3000 yards with 24 TDs, and rushed for 950 yards and 14 TDs. Their fans should probably pump the breaks a bit when saying Trubisky is an upgrade this year. He's got a load of potential, but we'll see what happens.

They also lost a starter on the O-Line.

Looking forward to the USC vs. Bama game. I always remember my uncle's telling me about the time Sam Cunningham ran all over Bammer and ol' Bear Bryant (allegedly)said ... well I won't put what he (allegedly) said, but you could probably guess what word was involved, and it was enough to make him to finally recruit a Black Player -- in 1970!!! Some like to say Bryant scheduled the game on purpose to show the South that they needed to recruit Black Players. I think he scheduled it to show he didn't need them and got a nasty wake up call.

Anyway, this years game between them is basically the Alex Leatherwood bowl. If USC pulls the upset, buddy Gone.

Advertisement
For the good of the Season at hand, I want to see as many SEC schools lose their OOC games as possible!!! Especially against the ACC Schools!

For the good of the Season at hand, I want to see as many SEC schools lose their OOC games as possible!!! Especially against the ACC Schools!

Clemson beating a bad Auburn squad means next to nothing. Auburn won't finish higher than 5th in their division.

FSU should handle Ole Miss. They are more talented and better coached.

UNC should beat GA as they are lining up with a new staff and schemes. Plus UNC is probably just the better team.

LSU should handle Wis but you never know with their QB play and all too conservative coach.

I can see USC giving Bama fits. This game could go either way. SC still has athletes and good players on their roster. Bama will probably struggle with their new QB

The SEC could have a very tough opening week.

Houston
UGA
Bama
Clemson
CANES

Advertisement
Rick Neuheisel or however his name is spelled just picked Appalachian state over Tennessee. They're returning 8 or more from their #11 defense and solid RB per his reasons. Interadesting

Advertisement
Back