Game-to-Game Adjustments: Snap Counts

gambino97

Recruit
So I thought this was interesting....

Most of us clamored for many of the changes and its good to see coaches are making game-to-game adjustments much quicker than they have done in the past.

Pic 1.png

Amazing when you consider Cam ONLY had 9 carries this game, and 22 LESS carries than #1......

Pic 2.png

We asked for it, and the snap count reflected the poor play of Ivey. Couch had some nice tackles in run support and hopefully he gets more comfortable the more he plays. We have to find a way to get Dunson and Clarke plays where we can to get them ready....

Pic 3.png

This one is a bit misleading due to Gurvan's injury. Hopefully he is back against FSU. Passing def suffered with Carter back there playing so many snaps in the 2nd half...

Pic 4.png

I love what we're seeing out out of HH and Nesta... I cant recall hearing Ford's name called ONCE in the first 2 weeks of the season though....

Pic 5.png

WR has been lackluster in two weeks....Where has Dee Wiggins gone? Pope has shown flashes but is wildly inconsistent.....Why no snaps for Restrepo? Was that all Greentree hype?

Advertisement
Really interesting to see HH take Miller's snaps away. I would have thought he'd take Ford's. Still have hope for Miller.
I think largely in part the board really has a misunderstanding of what Ford is supposed to do.

He's a 2-gap space eater, his job is to take on 2 interior lineman to free gap space for the backers & open lanes for the DE's especially on the stunts & slants we run so often. When the DE's are looping inside on plays they're not always getting to the QB without Ford. What he's asked to do is not a stat stuffing job, so people will think he's not playing well.

People think on every down the DL has nothing but one on one matchups, when in reality that's not the case, a lot of times when you see a guy having success it's because the man next to him did his job & freed him up. The DLine doesn't play on an Island like CB's do, so a lot of their assignments are thankless jobs.

I think largely in part the board really has a misunderstanding of what Ford is supposed to do.

He's a 2-gap space eater, his job is to take on 2 interior lineman to free gap space for the backers & open lanes for the DE's especially on the stunts & slants we run so often. When the DE's are looping inside on plays they're not always getting to the QB without Ford. What he's asked to do is not a stat stuffing job, so people will think he's not playing well.

People think on every down the DL has nothing but one on one matchups, when in reality that's not the case, a lot of times when you see a guy having success it's because the man next to him did his job & freed him up. The DLine doesn't play on an Island like CB's do, so a lot of their assignments are thankless jobs.
I think the bigger problem is that Ford is not doing what you astutely described as his job

Especially when it comes to freeing up the 2nd level. I've seen him take better drops than DJ Ivey. No way a 2 technique should be getting pushed 10-15 yards downfield . Its almost as if he has no lower body strength.

I think the bigger problem is that Ford is not doing what you astutely described as his job

Advertisement
Vs UAB he did, vs Louisville it was inconsistent.

If he was as bad as people swear his snap count would've decreased the same way Ivey's did this game.

Didn't Gurvan Hall get injured? Providing that snap count comparison without that mention is...weird.

Edit: Sorry, Gambino, just saw your comment in your OP.

agree on Ford but isn’t that what miller’s job is as well? I would have thought miller’s snap count would be more even with Ford.

Advertisement
Back