Game Thoughts

edge

Junior
Tough tough game. No other way to shake it.

Amazing how good the team looked in first half only to half way crawl in a shell the second half. First half we dictated the game, we were the agressors, we were one step ahead of Jimbo and company. Then Berrios drops a TD and we miss a chip shot. That is where the game changed. A good coaching staff makes their money during half time adjustments. This staff struggles mightily for that crucial phase of the game. The very first series of the second half I immediately saw a much less intense team. So the question is what happened? Did Al give a speech that said do your job, do not make mistakes, or in other words do not lose the game? Or was this team just not ready to put the nail in the coffen and came out nervous? Probably a little of both.

Kaaya can make throws that most cannot. He will be lead this team next year no matter who the staff is.

Duke played his heart out. It would have been interesting to see what could have happened had he been in at the end. Losing Edwards hurt as it did not allow early substitutions for Duke.

Say what you want about the coaching in the second half, but all things being equal the difference in the game was the FG kickers. That kid from FSU is unreal. He will play in the league for a long long time. If we switch kickers we win that game. But yes I will concede it should not have come down to who had the better kicker.

Dorsett great first half. Why we went away from him in second half is a mystery.

Walford made him some big time money in that game. Rememember when he was made fun of for being slowest TD ever to play here. Not so much anymore. And he made some great blocks.

Bush had an amazing game. He should have an outstanding season next year. Too bad he got hurt, he may have made a difference on FSU last drive.

No pressure from front 4. This was the game where having Quan may have made a huge differene late in the game.

Referees once again not on our side. Still have trouble understanding why a booth review was not done on the Oleary possible fumble. It atleast needed to be looked at. And then on the last FSU drive, holding on Lane but then reversed? Are you kidding me? The explanation was the pass was behind the LOS. No it was not, it was a 5 yard drag route. And never in my life have I heard that explanation. A hold is a hold, it does not matter where the ball was thrown to. Complete bull crap.

Golden will be here next year. He may survive a few years. But watching last night's game told me all I need to know. He will never win a ship here. He does not have that killer instinct needed to move this team to next level. In today's college football you have to take chances, be the agressor, and take control. He doesn not have the ability to do it consitently or the mentatlity. This is not PSU in the 80's or 90's. This is a new era where offenses are exploding and you better put as many points on the board as possible and you better takes some chances on defense to cause turnovers even if that means you get beat once in a while. The maddening thing is sometimes he shows that agression. He goes for at midfield on 4th down with a 20 point lead. Where was that agression in the second half? Makes no sense. I ran into a Tennessee fan today. First thing he says is why did you play conservative in the second half. Everyone saw it and yet Golden folded. I like him as a man, he has done good things here. But he will never bee the Saban we once thought me might become. Maybe he proves us wrong but so far it does not trend in that direction.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back