FSU vs Gtech 2012 ACCCG Defense

So i wanted to go back and see how FSU defended Gtech in the Championship Game.
Stats
FSU GT
1st Downs 22 19
Total Yrds 328 301
Passing 134 118
Rushing 194 183
Penalties 6-39 3-25
3rd Down Conversions 3-8 4-15
4th Down Conversions 0-0 4-4
Turnovers 3 2
Possession 29:37 30:23

Defeense Formations for FSU is exactly the same as ours for the last game. only difference is that actaully played a DT over the C and They adjusted to closer formation as well as we did nothing. they were way more aggressive as well instead of Tracy getting blocked to the 3rd row. their corners came up and hit.

fsugt2.JPG
fsugt1.JPG

Golden has no excuse man. he just doesnt want to play aggressive.

Advertisement
I would argue that FSU has more men closer to the LOS including the safeties. Also, keeping someone over the center is HUGE when it comes to stopping the center from cutting the mlb and also the dive.

Stats
FSU GT
1st Downs 22 19
Total Yrds 328 301
Passing 134 118
Rushing 194 183
Penalties 6-39 3-25
Turnovers 3 2

Defeense Formations for FSU is exactly the same as ours for the last game. only difference is that actaully played a DT over the C and They adjusted to closer formation as well as we did nothing. they were way more aggressive as well instead of Tracy getting blocked to the 3rd row. their corners came up and hit.

View attachment 26245
View attachment 26247

I have no idea what u mean when u say exactly the same. FSU has 8 players within 5 yards of the ball. Also look at the down and
Distance. When Golden say in the box he means the rectangle box from CB to CB, so it really is 9. Numb skull

Advertisement
They key difference is the defensive tackle playing over the center. On the other hand, UM allowed the center to run unimpeded to the middle linebacker.

The difference is the down and Distance. 2 and 5 is miles different from 3rd and 2. Smh sound like some Al Golden stat

Stats
FSU GT
1st Downs 22 19
Total Yrds 328 301
Passing 134 118
Rushing 194 183
Penalties 6-39 3-25
Turnovers 3 2

View attachment 26245
View attachment 26247

It's not just FSU. Iowa/LSU/Clem/VT when they aren't in a Bear front and just about anyone else that has success plays the same type of defensive front. The f'in Over front with the NT in a 0 shade/2i tech to the weak side and the DT in a 3tech and utilize BDSD philosophy. That was the biggest key to our failure and why we gave up the dive play like there's no tomorrow. The game was lost by our inability to stop the **** dive. Not where DP was lined up or where the corners/safeties were lined up. A simple alignment adjustment on the front line could have helped stop all that ****. I have no idea why these geniuses had both tackles lined up in a 2 tech, but maybe that's why they didn't allow the innovator of the Over front to come help bec he would have laughed in their ***** covered face for that stupid front they trotted out there.

[video=vimeo;18594972]http://vimeo.com/18594972[/video]

Advertisement
Back