FSU Loaded At Running Back, Scarlett Could Redshirt

Lauderdale

Redshirt Freshman
FSU is loaded at the running back position and Scarlett would be hard press to play as a freshman. Ahead of him are Dalvin Cook, Ryan Green, Mario Pender, Freddie Stevenson and Jonathan Vickers all are Sophomores so Florida State is not an ideal location for Scarlett whereas Miami provides immediate playing time and a quick 3 year route to the NFL.

I'm not big on Joe Yearby other than his heart, he's not very fast and he's small. Gus Edwards is okay and not going to be a star whereas Scarlett can step in here as a freshman and shine and it's likely Walton will be the other RB.

Advertisement
FSU is loaded at the running back position and Scarlett would be hard press to play as a freshman. Ahead of him are Dalvin Cook, Ryan Green, Mario Pender, Freddie Stevenson and Jonathan Vickers all are Sophomores so Florida State is not an ideal location for Scarlett whereas Miami provides immediate playing time and a quick 3 year route to the NFL.

I'm not big on Joe Yearby other than his heart, he's not very fast and he's small. Gus Edwards is okay and not going to be a star whereas Scarlett can step in here as a freshman and shine and it's likely Walton will be the other RB.

I agree with your first paragraph. But the second one, not so much. Yearby is shifty as ****, and Gus is gonna go beast mode after another off season in the weight room. Curious to see what Gray shows as well. That said IMO Scarlett and Walton can come in here and threaten immediate playing time cause they're that good.

Advertisement
Florida has Taylor, Lane, and Powell.... and the new staff is pretty high on Lane... and i think Taylor will get the favortism cause of his famous daddy fred taylor

Did you even look at how the names are rather than the quantity of names? Scarlett will be the 2nd best RB on that team the minute he steps foot on campus.

All bias aside..UM is the best option for Scarlett as far as instate schools.

Playing time? Check. (Will just be him and Yearby. Maybe Gray will be in the mix. Gus is make or break year)

Position tradition? Check. (We have/had more RBs in the NFL over the last 15 years then all of the instate schools. ****, even Damian Berry got him some checks.)

Close to home? Check.

Young QB? Check.

Its all setup for him. If he chose UF, it would be because he just doesn't want to be here. All there is to it.

UF has serious issues on the OL. Not sure why he would want to go play in that offense with no OL and no QB.

Advertisement
UF's offense is a mess. They haven't recruited that side very well, particularly the O-line. At Miami, that's one of the few things we've gotten right.

Advertisement
Advertisement

this could be the dumbest ****** thread of the year... scarlett will leave miami to redshirt at fsu... your a ***** hillbilly..

Agreed Port Knox. Joe Yearby will be a great back at UM. Our fans kill me. Did he stop growing? One of the all time great backs in the best high school football county in the country. He'll gain good weight. I believe Peter's sources on Scarlett. I expect he'll switch like Powell did.

I agree with your first paragraph. But the second one, not so much. Yearby is shifty as ****, and Gus is gonna go beast mode after another off season in the weight room. Curious to see what Gray shows as well. That said IMO Scarlett and Walton can come in here and threaten immediate playing time cause they're that good.

Did you even look at how the names are rather than the quantity of names? Scarlett will be the 2nd best RB on that team the minute he steps foot on campus.

This 100%. True freshman Scarlett>>>>Mario Pender and those other kids haven't even seen the field.

Scarlett is a young Marshawn Lynch. At Miami and UF he would be the best back from day 1. I hope the cloud doesn't cost us again here :qR12ZEhp37hu.jpg:

Advertisement
Back