Frustrated and hopeful... At the same **** time

brandon_almeida

Recruit
Overall, I am happy that the canes came out with the W. Especially since Al Golden was embarrassed in the process. Although I am content with the result (take it any way you can... I guess), I find myself frustrated and confused by the nucleus of this team.

Despite the incompetence that Golden, Coley, and D'nofrio put on display, we have talent up and down the field and that was on full display tonight. This team is excellent when they are HUNGRY and that's what they showed in the first 15 minutes of the game when they jumped to a 17-0 start. Kaaya can flat out play and he's got weapons around him that can do the job. Our 2-headed monster that is Yearby and Walton is probably up there with some of the best in the country. Defense got after it, especially the secondary... And those targeting calls were just ridiculous, couldn't believe my eyes.

What I'm trying to say is that this team has the talent, there's no question about that. But it feels like they only play with energy when they feel like it. Uninspired, lazy, and downright ugly football in the second half of that football game. I just don't know how we can get away with that sloppy play in the heart of the schedule. From what I've seen outta FSU these past few weeks, we can definitely compete... It's just in Al's hands to get them motivated, doubt that'll ever happen though.

Again, happy about the W, not so happy about the way it happened though.

Advertisement
The players proved they can play and beat most teams if only they had coaching. Al proved again that he cannot coach at this level.

We came out and scored within 70 seconds of the second half. What killed us was the next 3 touchdowns we had were all called back and ended up killing our drives off. Game ended ugly, but there is a lot to be happy about.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back