Front 7 Defenders

cp7705

Sophomore
We did not have an EXCITING Signing Day by definition, but we held on to alot of important kids. This year there was an emphasis on Front 7. Just look at the numbers, 4 DTs, 3 DEs (2 LB's with pass rush capabilities), and 4 LB's with size. I hope with these guys, the D can be able to better stop the run and be able to get better pass rush. I think we are going the right direction, but I am still not sold on the scheme as a total. I am in the minority of the posters on this staff, but I think D'Nofrio is a good coordinator, but he is stubborn. I think his only downfall will be staying with a system when you dont have the personnel to execute at a high level. Instead of instituting this defense right off the bat, we should have gradually got into it while still playing what our players would actually be good at. But hey, if it was that easy, I would be coaching lol.

Advertisement
LA I agree with you. I wish we would have went another way too. But we are stuck at least for another season. The first 3 years should warrant a pink slip for Coach D, but I am just pointing out things that we accomplished with this recruiting class, that we should start doing more often. We need more emphasis like this year with the DL and backers. Give this guy MORE to work with.

And please believe. we did not have the BEST talent in the country starting out, BUT WE DID NOT HAVE THE WORST! The personnel on the team from the last few years could have been successful in another scheme.

Let's be honest

Our biggest addition to this class was the subtraction of the scrubs we had on D last year

Jimmy Gaines wouldn't see the field at Bethune Cookman, but he was the leader of our defense somehow. Green was shot in the knees. All the DTs were slow and fat. Not to mention the D scheme this clown runs is horrible.

Ringz, some of those guys I agree with you. ESPECIALLY with Rodgers and Highsmith!!! &#(&$. lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back