From then 'til now.........

At the end of the day, if I ever meet Al again, I would ask him to deliver on what he laid out in that presser. He's no stranger to f'ed up situations. I understand the scandal sneaking up on him, but I still believe even with those circumstances, he could stay true to his word.

Not calling him a liar or anything, but I feel the way he came in, set most of us to have the hope and belief we have/had in him. And to this point, much of the disappointment stems from that.

Now, that guy in that presser, is telling us to stop, and I quote, "*****-ng".

I think we wouldn't have any beef, if that guy, in that presser, was the same guy then, as he is now. When I see him, and when I meet him, it's not the same guy.

To the staff of UM, as I am sure you're reading this, please ask Al, to go back and watch his presser, and implore him to get back to being that guy. I'll never fund a banner to fire him, I'll never hope for him to lose, I'll never tell a recruit not to come here, so on and so forth, but if he wants to win us back, he'll revert back to the Al Golden in that presser, and start delivering what he said he'd do. It's all I'm asking, my family too, and I'm sure most fans as well.

Honestly, I don't think the scandal truly "snuck up" on him as he claimed. I remember first hearing about the Nevin Shapiro thing near the end of the 2010 season, right when Randy was fired, then again in March of 2011. So if I, a random Miami fan who was living in South Carolina at the time, with no connections to the athletic department, staff, BoT whatsoever knew about this then there is no way in **** Golden didn't know as well. Once the story broke in August of 2011 via Charles Robinson's Yahoo article, Golden had the upper hand and as you can see used his leverage to his advantage in conning UM into the panicked-fueled contract extension. Either Golden, his agent, (or both) willfully lied about his knowledge of the situation and because of the strong anti-UM sentiment at the beginning Golden had the benefit of a positive media perception on his side. Miami was not really in any sort of position to fight his erroneous claim of being "duped" by the administration, because it would have just further damaged UM's reputation and made them look "petty" in a sense. This is one of the main reasons I do not like Al Golden and want to see him gone from Miami ASAP.

Actually, it came out before the 2010 season. Shapiro's initial story said he was going to bring down the program. The Sh*t, like anything else concerning UM, made ESPN.

HE KNEW.......THE WORLD KNEW SOMETHING WAS COMING.

This! Anyone who thinks Fat *** did not know about Shapiro is delusional.

Advertisement
At the end of the day, if I ever meet Al again, I would ask him to deliver on what he laid out in that presser. He's no stranger to f'ed up situations. I understand the scandal sneaking up on him, but I still believe even with those circumstances, he could stay true to his word.

Not calling him a liar or anything, but I feel the way he came in, set most of us to have the hope and belief we have/had in him. And to this point, much of the disappointment stems from that.

I think we wouldn't have any beef, if that guy, in that presser, was the same guy then, as he is now. When I see him, and when I meet him, it's not the same guy.

To the staff of UM, as I am sure you're reading this, please ask Al, to go back and watch his presser, and implore him to get back to being that guy. I'll never fund a banner to fire him, I'll never hope for him to lose, I'll never tell a recruit not to come here, so on and so forth, but if he wants to win us back, he'll revert back to the Al Golden in that presser, and start delivering what he said he'd do. It's all I'm asking, my family too, and I'm sure most fans as well.

You did meet Al golden...

Was not the time, place yes, but definitely not the time.

100% $$$

Peter Principle.

Some people grow into the positions they reach, but Al seems to have been elevated above his capacity.
It's the administration that needs to recognize the error and change the coach(es).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back