From 2004-2014 What was the best class in South Florida?

motorcitycane

Senior
Sup canes fans! Some of us been following recruiting for a long time and some of us only recently. Either way your still a canes fan and part of this Cane Family. Which class of Athletes (regardless of where the signed) was the best in South Florida from 2004- 2014.
I know this will be an extremelt difficult task. But If you can't pick one (like myself) try a top 3 or 5 recruiting classes as far as prospects. You could do it based off their production in college or as prospects coming out of high school.

I'll name just a few of the top prospects from South Florida in each class to help you start.
2004 - Willie Williams, Charlie Jones, Bobby Washington, J.R. Bryant, Lorenzo Feguson, Brent Schaeffer, Albert Dukes, Octavious Darby, Trevor Ford
2005 - Kenny Phillips, Demetrice Morley, Dorian Monroe, Jeff Owens, Richard Gordon, Elijah Hodge, Randy Phillips, Ronnie Wilson, Gerald Williams, Vladmir Richard
2006 - Sam Young, Anthony Leon, Patrick Robinson, Dan Wenger, Charles Deas, Chavez Grant, Bryant Miller, Tyler Rice, Marcus Gilbert, Darin, Baldwin, Ricky Gary,
2007 - Deonte Thompson, Major Wright, Antwain Easterling, Demarcus Van Dyke, Doug Wiggins, Bo Williams, Armando Allen, Antoine Carter, Leonard Hankerson
2008 - Marcus Forston, Ebienne Sabino, Patrick Peterson, Brandon Harris, Aldarius Johnson, Sean Spence, Corey Liuget, Marcus Robinson, Janoris Jenkins,
2009 - Jon Bostic, Nu'Keese Richardson, Lamar Miller, Jamaal Berry, Oliver Vernon, Brandon McGee, Duron Carter, Geno Smith, Denard Robinson, Rod Smith,
2010 - Lamarcus Joyner, Matt Elam, Chris Dunkley, Gerald Christian, Corery Lemonier, Ivan McCartney, Demar Dorsey, Cody Riggs, James Louis, Brandon Linder
2011 - Nick O'Leary, Bobby Hart, Marcus Roberson, Gerod Holliman, Wayne Lyons, Teddy Bridgewater, Devonta Freeman, Ryan Shazier,Jacoby BrissettRashad Green
2012 - Duke Johnson, Tracy Howard, Amari Cooper, Jessamen Dunker, Avery Young, Angelo Jean-Louis, Jelani Hamilton, Deon Bush, Erick Flowers, Keith Brown,
2013 - Mathew Thomas, Kelvin Taylor, Joey Bosa, Alex Collins, Greg Bryant, Stacy Coley, Artie Burns, Denver Kirland, Keith Bryant, Jaynard Bostwick, Jamal Carter
2014 - Sony Michel, Joesph Yearby, Dalvin Cook, Ermon Lane, K.C. McDermott, Khairi Clark, Trevor Darling, Treon Harris, Jonnie Dixon, Corey, Holmes, A. Moten

Now we always talk about putting a fence around south florida. Let's say we did land the above atheltes as well as the others not named. What do you guys feel Miami's record would be with recruiting classes like the above?

Now to me the 2008, 2009,2013, and 2014 classes look to be some of the best in S. Florida in the past 10 years.
I will say I believe the 2008 South Florida class was the best one in the last decade. It was a tough call though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oh god thanks for reminding me of all those kids we lost, I think 2008 and 2014 are best, this years RB class is just ridiculous

Oh god thanks for reminding me of all those kids we lost, I think 2008 and 2014 are best, this years RB class is just ridiculous

My fault jruiz I didn't want it to be a bad reminder thread. Just a thread about the ridiculous talent in the tri-county area. I just thought it would be a very diffucult one to answer with all the talent that has passed through in the last decade. So I was like hmmm I wonder what people would consider S.Florida best class without the bias of where they attended college.

2014, 2010 and then 2008 in that order. OP, 2009 was not that great, and most Canes will underrate 2010 because outside of Lindervwe basically struck out.

Advertisement
Wow when you look outside of 2008 at all the guys blandy missed on, it makes Al look like he's got us on lockdown past couple of years, and that's with the NCAA shot

Yeah Al has hit on alot of studs. He's becoming a master recruiter. Cant wait to see how his development of players goes.
This year will show the coaching ability

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back