Former Auburn Commit?

Cal jimmy

Sophomore
image.jpg

D'Anfernee McGriff , a 4-star receiver/athlete from Tallahassee (Fla.) Leon, no longer is committed to Auburn, AuburnUndercover first reported.

McGriff later confirmed he is no longer part of Auburn's class via Twitter.

No specific reason was given by our source, but we've learned it was Auburn's decision. Last fall, McGriff told AuburnUndercover he had some academic issues to work through but felt confident he would qualify.

McGriff is the No. 37 prospect in Florida in the 247Sports Composite. At this time, it is not known what his plans are. Auburn now has 20 commitments. The Tigers can sign as many as 28 in the 2015 class.

Advertisement
I don't get it. If they dropped him for concerns about qualifying Miami has no shot! If they dropped him for numbers I wish we would take him as an ATH and move him to LB! He's a freak at 6'1" 230. My gut feeling says Dex is a Cane but if not, then I'd be okay with him at RB. Would be very similar to Trayone Gray

Stampini's tweet was in reference to Norton, not McGriff.

McGriff is obviously picking UF. Never visited Miami and just wants to throw our hat to the ground when he announces, just like most other four-star or higher recruits we'd like to land.

Advertisement
Back